CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

~~~
VIOLENT DREAMING
~~~

VALENCIA TRACED HER LIPS

VALENCIA TRACED HER LIPS. Since that night, neither Valencia nor Robb brought up their erotic encounter, nor the words they spoke after. Valencia hadn't meant to say what she said, but it was the plain truth, she would not let some Frey girl become pregnant before her. Nor would she let another woman's son be the heir to Winterfell and the North.
Her promise of not becoming pregnant was soon disappearing from her mind. She would never let another woman's child overrule her own.

Valencia sat atop her horse, reminiscing over the nights events all those days ago while she waited for the gates of the Twins to be opened. For they were finally ready to cross.

The entire Stark camp had been rounded up and forced onto the road. Valencia and Robb rode up the front, side by side as Robb had promised so long ago. The Lords, Catelyn, Theon, and Lilith riding behind them in lines, and the entire army behind them.

They stood in front of the massive gates, covered in old black oak and rusting steel. The high grey towers reaching for the sky. Valencia took a sharp breath as the gates began to open for them, her horse moved unsteadily at the sudden movement, but she yanked her back into place.  Slowly, the entire army began to move forward at Robb's command, and just like that.

They crossed the river.

Her dark eyes were risen to the tops of the towers, waiting and watching for the incoming onslaught of arrows that would rain down on them if Lord Frey didn't keep his word. She could see the holes within the towers, and the men peaking out, watching them as they passed.

The moment Valencia's mares hooves hit the muddy ground on the other side, she realised a breath she didn't realise she was holding. Relief flooding inside her veins and allowing her body to loosen up.

She leaned back in her saddle, taking slow and steady breaths before glancing to Robb.

"Don't scared," he spoke quietly, not wanting anyone else to hear. "I was worried also."

After numerous hours of moving, they arrived outside of Fairmarket, for they had yet to decide a battle strategy.

"We need to stop the siege at Riverrun," Valencia exclaimed, her arms crossed over her stomach as she paced the round map table. Only Robb and Valencia were in the map room, the other Lords were making sure everything was going smoothly outside with setting up the camp.

"Jaime Lannister's army controls the siege," Robb reminded, placing his gloved fists on the table, leaning on them. "And Tywin is along the Green Fork, which army do we strike first? If we hit Jaime, Tywin will come. And if we hit Tywin, Jaime will come and lift the seige on Rivverun. But we won't have any men to take back Riverrun. Either way, we cannot choose either." His troubled eyes met Valencia's.

Valencia glanced down at the map. Her eyes looked to the large wolf and lion heads, glaring back at her, then her mind began to twist.

"We attack both," she took hold of the two Stark markers and moved one in front of Riverrun, then the other at the Green Fork. Robb frowned, raising a thick eyebrow at her. "Both Jaime and Tywin have over 30,000 men between them, more than we have," Robb reminded.