CHAPTER FOUR

~~~
FREEDOM RIDERS
~~~

VALENCIA WAS NEVER ONE FOR BOREDOM

VALENCIA WAS NEVER ONE FOR BOREDOM. But as her time in Winterfell drew from hours to days, boredom was beginning to grow stronger and stronger within her every moment.
Lilith had spoken of venturing to Winter town for the day in hopes of retrieving some new belongings for both of them, and yet, Valencia couldn't be bothered to venture into the small town outside of Winterfell.
A positive came out of her boredom though, deciding to leave her chambers she wandered around the large castle for hours, only to become lost within the first five minutes. So she spent her early morning venturing around, trying to lose track of time in the stone hallways of Winterfell, her mind believing she was walking in circles since everything looked the same. Valencia had grown so used to having people around her it seemed strange to be alone, she rather enjoyed it, the silence was welcoming and embraced her with open arms. But that didn't stop her from seeking company.

So she waited inside the stables, laying on a mound of hay waiting for Jon Snow. She had hoped he would arrive sooner, but he hadn't as of yet. For minutes she cursed herself for acting so foolish to think he would return to the stables, and she felt like a complete idiot for trying to predict the future, but she remained, her fingers fiddling with straws waiting for Jon Snow to arrive. She sighed heavily and laid herself out on the hay, she slowly closed her eyes and listened to the quiet sounds of Wintefell, the gentle smell of mud, smoke, and animals, her hearing was trickled with the sound of crackling fire. It was a nice change of pace compared to the heavy crowds of Kings Landing, and the unnatural smells.

Her cheek suddenly felt wet, she opened her eyes and met the deep red ones of Ghosts. His wet snout brushing against hers, and his tongue grazed her forehead, Valencia laughed and sat upwards, her lips pulling into a wide smile. She looked up and met the deep eyes of Jon Snow, his eyes were on her, those dark orbs filled with nerves. He had come.

"Is it silly to admit I was hoping you would come here?" She questioned colour in her cheeks.

Jon set his lips into a line, shaking his head. "No, it isn't silly."

Valencia sat up, wrapping her arms around her knees. "I was wondering if you'd like to ride with me today?" She announced warmly. "I haven't been outside these walls in days, and well, who better to show me the North than you?" She crossed her fingers in hopes he would say yes.

"I don't think that would be wise, my Lady." 

Her brows snapped together. My Lady? She made it very clear she didn't wish to be called that, at least not by him. "And, why not?"

Jon looked away nervously, his hand reaching behind his neck and rubbing the scruff. "I am lowborn, and us being alone would raise many questions."

Valencia shot him a look, standing to her feet she shook off the sticking hay. "Technically, I am lowborn also. So who would ask questions as to why two lowborn's went for a ride for an hour or two?" Her lips curved into a small smile, her brown dress swaying in the breeze entrapping the stables.
She saw the conflicting emotions in Jon's eyes, whether or not he should venture outside Winterfell with the both beautiful and teasing Valencia Baratheon. The princess only hoped he would allow himself some time alone with her, she certainly hoped he would.