CHAPTER SEVEN

~~~
THE TRUTH REVEALS ITSELF
~~~

VALENCIA KNEW WHAT SHE WAS DOING WAS WRONG

VALENCIA KNEW WHAT SHE WAS DOING WAS WRONG. Playing two men, one she was supposed to marry, and the other, someone she had fallen in love with. She knew there was no way to justify why she was doing what she was and her subconscious was demanding answers, but her own selfish desires didn't want to Jon to know and end what they had. The truth sat in her mind for days, picking away like a crow on a dead body ever since the unmasking of her future. She wanted to tell the truth, confess what she has done and hope to the Gods she has not done any serious damage to the Stark and Baratheon friendship. But her own fear could not do such a thing.

"You've been quiet," Lilith said as she began slicing through her roast quail. The black haired girl jumped in her seat, turning her head and looking to Lilith, who's eyes were glued to her meal. Valencia swallowed thickly, she had told Lilith of the engagement, but she didn't dare share her feelings for Jon. But she knew she could trust Lilith with one secret.
They sat in the Great Hall, the two of them and their families, everyone eating dinner. Lady Catelyn was still absent and there remained a uneasiness within the three families.

It felt like the secrets and fears were beginning to build, and Valencia could hardly keep them all in. From the secret of herself and Robb, to the dream she experienced of Daenerys Targaryen which she wasn't even sure was real - she had to tell someone. And who better than Lilith.

"You must swear what I am about to tell you to secrecy. No one can know, and I mean no one. If anyone hears of this..." she paused, "I don't know what they'll do, they might think I've gone insane."

"By the Gods, is it something serious?" Lilith immediately put her goblet down.

"I'm not sure, it might be nothing...but it felt so real."

Lilith put down her fork and knife, adjusting herself so she sat closer. "What happened?"

Valencia released a shuddery breath, her hands trembling. "I dreamt of something."

"What did you dream of?"

The princess opened her mouth, her bottom lip quivering. "I saw a girl, with silver hair," she croaked. "It was Daenerys Targaryen."

Lilith's face paled, her jaw rendering limp and even she began trembling. "W-what? I thought she died?"

Valencia shook her head, "no, where did you hear that?" Lilith must not have heard Valencia since she didn't respond. A sickened expression covered Lilith's face, and she pushed her meal away before covering her pale cheeks. "Why are you upset?" Valencia asked softly.

Sniffling Lilith shook her head. "I'm just shocked is all. What else happened in the dream?"

"I was surrounded by Dothraki, and she was on this cliff, and Viserys Targaryen was there also. You don't think this could have been real, right?"