CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

~~~
THE RAINS OF CASTAMERE
~~~

VALENCIA CUPPED HER HANDS OVER HER MOUTH AND BREATHED

VALENCIA CUPPED HER HANDS OVER HER MOUTH AND BREATHED. The wind had turned icy and chilled her to the bone as they neared the old ruins of Castamere.
Upon learning of Robb going to Oxcross, Valencia had completely changed her course of action. They would no longer be sailing for Banefort, but Castamere, an old Keep ruined by the wrath of Tywin Lannister.
Castamere was once the home of House Reyne, a strong and wealthy House, much like it's sworn family the Lannisters. Their mines were filled to the brink with gold and silver, much like those of Casterly Rock. The downfall of House Reyne was because of their Lord Robert Reyne, who in the end, died alongside his family. And thus the Lannisters favourite, and most intimidating song began.

'The Rains of Castamere'

Valencia could still hear the familiar tune singing in her ear like a bird, and the words that were soft, yet violent. Cersei loved to play that song at court, especially when her Lord father came to visit.

The ruined castle of Castamere was in view, the once large towers now crumbling away. Smoke rising from within the walls, and the docks were split and broken. Valencia knew that no one dared to come to Castamere, tales of a curse sent by House Reyne lingered, much like Harrenhal, where all those who took it, soon died.

"Send word to Castamere, I want proof that Lord Umber is really there." Valencia demanded as she spoke with Lilith.

The ex-handmaiden nodded, "what would you wish for me to say?"

Valencia inhaled sharply. "Tell him the Queen in the North has returned"

Lilith nodded quickly, "at once, Your Grace." She was quick to depart as Valencia watched the smoke rise in the distance.

Then, Dacey, and Astraea approached, both of them flanking flanking her. "What are you going to say to Robb once you see him?" Dacey questioned.

Valencia welled up with warm air and shrugged her shoulders.

"I have no idea."

Within the next few hours, word had been received and responded from Castamere, stating that Lord Umber was indeed occupying the old ruin, Valencia had demanded that the ships moved faster. Too long had she been at sea.

Her ship, the Black Doe smoothly rolled into the dock, the large vessel squeezing to a stop. Only a hundred ships could fit into the docks of Castamere, so the other two-hundred and fifty had to wait outside of the bay.

Valencia, dressed in a deep green dress, with a rippling slit down the middle so it pooled at her sides. Her trousers were black and her boots brown. She wore her wolf cloak, and crown, her hair pinned in an intricate bun at the back of her head with curls of hair framing her face.

Lord Umber was already waiting for her patiently, Lilith who had arrived a few hours prior, stood next to the massive man.

Dacey stood next to Valencia in a blue and black dress, Astraea wore a red and black gown, a thin cloak fastened around her throat.