CHAPTER FIVE

~~~
THE RED WOMAN
~~~

THEY STOOD ON THE HIGH CLIFF'S OF STORMS END

THEY STOOD ON THE HIGH CLIFF'S OF STORMS END. The wind was vicious, slapping and swatting the banners, and Valencia's hair which she wrongfully worn out was flowing across her face. Although it was annoying, it showed the great beauty she possessed in a form of great mystery and vitality.

That was exactly what Valencia of the House Baratheon was; a mystery.

She was the light in the sky, but the darkness of the sea. She was the warmth of summer, but the winds of winter. She was honest, she was a liar, she was a great beauty with a dark secret that turned her ugly.

For a truth had been revealed; that Valencia only loved herself.

Renly's personal guard surrounded them, including Valencia's own guard, sworn to protect her and Lady Catelyn should any harm come to them by Stannis or his men.

Stannis had the same, his banners risen high with the head of a stag inside a flaming heart. His guards armour as black as night. And a women, dressed all in red on a auburn mare was beside him.
Stannis had not changed much from the last time she had seen him almost two years ago. His tall, broad-shouldered, and sinewy appearance still apparent in his growing age. At times, he seemed older than her father due to his heavy brow and stern look. His dark blue eyes couldn't been seen, and his thin hair which was one a thick black reformed into a thin grey. He seemed to continue sucking in his lips, making his cheeks seem even hollower than they were.

"Lady Stark, I had not thought to see you in the Stormlands." His voice echoed, turning Valencia's attention to him.

"I had not thought to be here, Lord Stannis" Catelyn replied kindly.

Stannis's dark eyes looked to Valencia, his stare cold and unnerving. "Valencia, you've grown up since the last time I saw you. Married to a Stark the last I heard," he curtly stated. "A pointless union, considering you are not with-child yet."

Valencia tightened her grip on her reigns, her nostrils flaring. "You heard correct that I am married, but my fertility is none of your concern."

"Continuing our House is my concern."

"Then fuck your own wife and leave me be."

The uncle and niece angrily stared at each other, but no blade was drawn, nor was any harsh words were spilled for some time, until Stannis continued. "I'm glad your father made a suitable match, but the outcome I don't agree on. 'Queen in the North', it's despicable."

Valencia narrowed her dark eyes. "Tell me, was my father even buried before you made your attempt to his throne?"
Stannis's nostrils flared but he didn't speak again, it was Renly who did the talking, breaking the angry quarrel between the two Baratheon's.