Chapter 2 : Merciless

Instantly I shifted back and held up my arms, showing that I meant no harm. A shirt was placed over me and I was immediately dragged to my eventual death. "Please! I need help!" Dread filled my chest as the familiarity of the situation overwhelmed me.

After being thrown in and shackled up, I began to weep. I left the torture of the rogues only to be killed. The Royal pack does not take nicely to uninvited people such as myself. I would be dead by tomorrow.

The door was suddenly kicked open and in stepped a few guards. "What do you think you were doing on our territory!?" One of them boomed. I flinched and bit my lip to hold back my cries.

"I'm seeking asylum, please, I need a doctor." I pleaded, looking up at the guard. He deeply inhaled the air, a scowl settling on his face once more.

"She smells like them," He spat, glaring daggers at me. Grabbing me roughly by the chin, he shouted, "We don't house rogues on Royal Territory,"

I closed my eyes, holding back tears as he shoved me backwards, my elbows hitting the ground painfully.

The guard pulled out a leather whip, and my heart deflated, I set myself up for a whole new world of pain.

****

Awaking the next day I felt even worse. The marks on my leg were barely healed and I could feel them stinging every time I moved. I wanted to leave and escape from these cruel people. Sadly if I did, the King himself would offer me a much worse death.

The door to the dungeon was once again kicked open and I cried out in fear, backing up against the wall as far as I could. My eyes were clamped down tight, praying the guards would spare me.

An aroma of fresh pine and amber filled my nose. It was alluring and made me crave for more. This couldn't be happening. I can't find my mate right as I am about to die.

"Look at me, rogue." A demanding voice boomed. My eyes shot open and there in front of me was the King of all werewolves. His dark brooding eyes bore into mine as a lay there shocked.

Mate, I thought instantly.

"Sebastian!" He yelled, "Find her a room with the Omegas in the right wing." He stated with distaste. My heart broke at the sound of his words.

The man, Sebastian I suppose, unchained me and led me to a room; it was nothing extraordinary. Just a bed, desk, and bathroom.

"I'm sorry. They didn't know you were his mate." He apologized stoically. "I'm Sebastian, the Royal Beta." How did he know we were mates? He must've been mind-linked about why I was not being executed yet.

I sat on the edge of my new bed, my bruised ribs flaring, causing me to double over in pain, an ear piercing shriek sounding throughout the room.

"Woah, what happened?" The Beta asked, laying a hand on my shoulder. I flinched away, my arms wound around my torso.

"My ribs," I grit though my teeth, excruciating pain spreading though my whole body.

"Someone get me a doctor!" He shouted, and within seconds a woman dressed in white came bursting though the door.

They laid me flat on the bed, and unconsciousness settles upon me, the agony growing too much for me to handle.