Chapter 20 : Revelation

My plan was ruined. I shoved Isaac away from me in a fit of anger and went back into my room, slamming the door.

I already had tears running down my face, I'm not ready yet. I still have to say goodbye to Alice and Sebastian. Now, I'll never get the chance to.

I ran my hands through my hair and pulled slightly at the roots.

When my bedroom door opened and Kayden appeared with a concerned look on his face it only prompted my tears to fall more and more. It was time.

He came up to me and snaked his arms around me, pulling me to his chest, "Charlotte, baby, why didn't you tell me?"

"I couldn't, you would never look at me the same." I said shakily, pulling myself from his arms, backing myself to the other side of the room. I tried to wipe the water from my eyes but my tears kept flowing.

"What are you talking about? I won't think of you any differently, just please tell me what happened. I will make them pay." I kept shaking my head.

He sat on my bed frustrated and obviously in distress, I was already ruining him, ruining us. Once the rejection is done, there's no going back. "It was horrible," I said through choked sobs, barely being able to see him through the tears that clouded my vision.

Kayden immediately enveloped my body in a tight hug as my body racked with broken sobs. "Just tell me Charlotte, you can tell me, whatever it is." Doesn't matter, it was over, there was no going back for me.

"They-They," I stuttered, my voice hiccuping, "They raped me," I whispered so quietly I could barely hear myself. I felt his arms that were around me begin to stiffen, but that didn't matter.

I fell to the ground, wrapping my arms around myself as I cried.

Up until today, I had never said it out loud, but once I had, my whole world came crashing down. It finally became real, my reality. There was no more denying it.

I kept to myself, trying to hold back the sobs that ripped through my throat. I knew this would all happen eventually but I never expected it to hurt so badly, or to happen so suddenly.

As more and more tears flowed down my face, I felt like all the pain from those two years of hell hit me harder than ever, all at once. Every vein in my body was pumping blood at an alarmingly fast rate. My hands were shaky as I tried to slow down the crying.

Sooner than later, Kayden was on the floor with me.

But what I didn't expect was that he too, had tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Charlotte," He said crushing me to his chest, the two of us now full on crying. "Please forgive me, oh Goddess if only I had known." He hiccuped.

But I already knew what was going to happen next and pushed myself off him shakily, "Just do it already," I said, my lip quivering. I could barely stand on my own at this point.

"Do what?" He asked me. His tears had stopped, leaving his face only reddened and splotchy. Kayden got up off the floor as well, standing up to reach his full height.

"Reject me," I sobbed, I closed my eyes and awaited the words to come from his mouth. Adrianna howled in pain, anticipating the excruciating feeling of what they would cause.

The room was dead silent, nothing could be heard other than my sniffling and our shaky breathing patterns. As I felt a warm hand on my cheek I opened my eyes, scared of what I'd see.

The look on his face could only be described as hurt, "You thought I would reject you?" He asked, voice barely above a whisper. I nodded my head slowly as a few more tears leaked from the corners of my eyes.

"I mean why wouldn't you?" I asked breathlessly, my vocals strained. "Who would want an excuse of a mate as their Queen? Who would want someone to lead them who couldn't even manage to save herself for the one and only man she should've ever been with?" I ranted, my throat burning. The hurt I felt was indescribable.

"God no," Kayden whispered, "I would never reject you for something you had no control over," I shook my head.

"But you deserve better than me. You deserve the perfect girl who's pure and has waited all her life for a man like you." I wept.

"You are the perfect girl for me, okay? I don't care whether you agree with me or not, you are the one for me. There's no one else I want to wake up next to, hold hands with, be with for the rest of my life." He said strongly, "You, Charlotte Woods, are the only girl I could ever imagine myself with and you'd make a perfect Luna, regardless of your past."

"B-But what about that girl you said you had an eye on?" I asked him, he couldn't be telling the truth, it just doesn't add up.

"That was you, love. You are the only chocolate-haired girl that I could ever have my eyes on and it's going to stay that way." He said with a small laugh, "It's always been you, no matter what."

I cried once more as I instantly attached myself to his chest, "So you're not rejecting me, and I'm just an idiot," I mumbled.

"You're not an idiot, Charlotte, you're perfect."