Sweater

"So how does it work again?" Kayden asked for the fifth time.

Rolling my eyes at him, I outstretched my arm and by focusing my energy, I picked up my desk chair from across the room and held it over his head. It floated in the air and he tilted his head back to look at it in wonder.

"Ask again and I'll drop it." I warned, giving him a stern look.

He laughed off my threat as I placed the chair back in its original spot. "Thirsty?" I asked.

He nodded his head and threw his head back once again. Water began streaming into his mouth and he spat it out almost immediately, startling us both. "Hot, hot, hot." He said, fanning his tongue.

"Sorry," I apologized sheepishly, "I'm not that good at the whole elemental thing yet."

"Clearly," He said, ruffling my hair with a ghost of a smile lingering on his face.

****

Kayden's POV

"Charlotte have you seen my..." I trailed off distractedly once I entered our bedroom, I glanced over at her sleeping form, wearing the exact grey sweatshirt I was looking for. "Nevermind," sighed, slipping into bed beside her.

Tomorrow will be her coronation and I am quite surprised to not see her up and about, stressing over the entire thing, but I guess she's tired again. At this point I'm used to it. I mean, for someone her size, you'd run out of energy really quick too.

I held her close as I dozed off, my busy mind clearing up as I inhaled her vanilla scent.

When the morning sun rose, my peaceful rest was abruptly interrupted with a hash smack in the face. I shot up, scanning the room for an intruder. Instead, I saw my mate on the floor laughing harder than I've ever seen.

"You s-should've seen your face," She chuckled joyously. The pillow that smacked me ricocheted back to the floor where it currently lay.

"Not funny," I grumbled, getting out of bed. "I see someone borrowed my sweater." I mused, picking her off the floor in one fluid motion.

"I'm glad your eyes work." She smiled sarcastically, kissing the corner of my eye. I settled her back down on her feet and ruffled her hair, enjoying the way it looked when it was messy and untamed.

"Kayden," She groaned, flattening it back in place. "Come on, the coronation is today and I don't even know what I'm doing." She stressed, the first time I've ever seen her do so in a while.

I had expected her to start freaking out about her coronation much earlier, I guess it's better she started now than two weeks ago. I'm not sure if I could handle and extra moody Charlotte.

"I can think of where to start," I said suggestively, swiftly placing my arm behind her back to pull her flush against me.

She rolled her eyes and smirked, wrapping her slender legs around my waist. "Suddenly," She paused dramatically, "I can too."