Chaos

My trembling fingers traced the silky texture of my royal blue gown. Alice worked behind me at a steady pace, gently wrapping my hair back up into an elegant low bun.

I requested her to do very minimal makeup, I'd rather have the kingdom to see me for how I actually looked. I'm sure Kayden would greatly appreciate it despite his overwhelming amount of possessiveness he has over me.

"I love this dress," I told her. "I can't believe we even found this, took us forever." I chuckled, examining the blue lace that spread across my shoulders.

"You look gorgeous," Kayden's mother noted, motioning for me to stand up. "I'm so excited to have grandchildren!" She squealed, pressing my hands between hers. I blushed in response, laughing nervously at her eagerness.

A few short knocks brought us all out of our budding conversation. "I'll get it," Said Alice.

Kayden's mother and I continued on with our conversation, until Alice began shouting again. "You can't be here!" She exclaimed.

"Why not? I can't even see my own Queen?" The familiar voice of my mate sounded. I rolled my eyes, knowing that he would try to do this from the start. But knowing their traditional ways, Alice treated my coronation like a wedding.

"It's bad luck, now leave." She demanded, closing the door before he could even think of a reply. I heard a dramatic sigh then a mind link.

I love you, Kayden linked.

I love you too, see you in a bit. I replied.

The girls and I chatted for a few moments, them teasing me about the events after my coronation tonight. As if we haven't done it already, I thought to myself. Maybe they had more expectations this time around, scarier ones.

God, I am so not ready to have kids.

But Kayden's kids? I might just reconsi--

"Holy shit! We're gonna be late!" Alice practically slams her glass of rosé onto the table before dragging me by my hand out of the room.

"Oh goddess, we were supposed to be there fifteen minutes ago." She muttered to herself. We both ran downstairs, which was surprisingly empty considering the large mass of people coming to watch.

I ran up to Kayden's father at the closed entrance, his arm extended out for me to grab. "I'm so sorry we're late," I panted, apologizing profusely.

He leaned over to whisper in my ear, "You're not late, I told Alice the coronation would begin twenty minutes earlier than it actually does." He says as I look back to where she stands, anxiously fumbling with her fingers.

I laughed silently, "You're too smart." I admired, "Remind me to use that sometime."

The low chatter within the grand ballroom went dead silent as the soft sound of 'Canon In D' from a piano somewhere inside. Just as the song began to near the melody, the doors to the ballroom began to open slowly, revealing the two of us.

My eyes instantly met Kayden's as I walked down the long isle with his father's arms linked with mine. His eyes were glassy as they took in my appearance and I struggled to hold back my own as the reality of our fate settled in.

This is the man I want to be with forever.

James handed me off to his son, who held out his hand for me to grasp. He smiled warmly at me as I stood in my position, both of our hands now interlocked with each others'.

The priest looking guy began to initiate the ceremony, and to my surprise there were no quiet murmurs or tapping shoes. Everyone was dead silent and it was almost scary how such a large group of people could manage to not make a single peep.

"I love you so much," Kayden told me, before the end of the coronation, his gold grown on his head as if it had been there forever.

"I love you too," Squeezing him once more before kneeling down, releasing his hand.

The man cleared his throat, handing my crown to Kayden. My mate spoke with pride and confidence, "I shall now declare Charlotte Giordano as both your Luna Queen." He boomed, placing the crown upon my head.

It was like a surge of power was coursing through my veins. I stood back up as the crowd cheered. Unfortunately, as I stood I felt the back of my shoe slip slightly out of place. I bent my head down slightly to put it back into place quickly.

A sharp whoosh of air flew above my head and I stood up straight and turned around, a sliver blade now imbedded into the wall behind me. Right where my head once was.

At this very moment, chaos begins.