Chapter Three

"Fifth Year"

••••••••••

I sat down in my usual seat in Defense Against the Dark Arts, waiting for class to start. I saw three of my troublesome friends enter the room and I expected Remus to sit next to me like he usually does. However, that was not the case today.

A familiar curly haired brunette boy with glasses sat down in the seat next to me, causing me to turn and give the young Potter boy a questioning look.

"Don't you usually sit with Sirius?" I asked in confusion, tilting my head to the side.

"Yes, but I decided to sit here today." James said with a grin, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"Because, my dear Norie, I wanted to sit with you today." He told me, but I could tell that wasn't the reason.

"What are you planning, Jamie?" I asked the brunette, raising an eyebrow as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Who says I'm planning anything, Scamander?" James asked trying to seem innocent. But if there was anything that I'd learned about James Potter in the five years of knowing him, it's that James Fleamont Potter is anything but innocent.

"You're bullshit innocent act does, Potter." I stated bluntly, rolling my forest green eyes at the boy I'd come to call a friend.

"How would you like to assist us in pranking Snivellus?" The bespectacled boy asked with a mischievous grin on his lips.

"I don't understand why you lot insist on tormenting Snape." I told him with a scolding look. "I understand that he can be a git, but you lot relentlessly messing with him will only make it worse."

"Come on, Norie! You hate him too!" He started, before I cut him off.

"I have nothing against Severus Snape–." I corrected, but James cut me off this time.

"You have nothing for him either." The Potter boy argued, making me roll my forest green eyes.

"You know that I am against bullying, James, and the way you lot treat Snape is categorized as bullying." I stated firmly, sending the blue eyed boy a stern look. "I will take no part in terrorizing the Slytherin."

"But Norie, you thought the last prank was hilarious!" The curly haired brunette continued to argue further.

"Because hexing someone's hair pink is one thing, but levitating them and throwing them around the courtyard is another thing entirely." I shot back, referencing the prank before the hair hexing incident.