Chapter Fifteen

"Fifth Year"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lenora POV:

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I watched as all of the statues shattered to dust before my very eyes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Harry cover his ears to block out my scream.

Medusa let out a pained shriek as her ears began to bleed and her minions crumbled to nothingness all around her.

After imagining mine and Harry's wounds healing, I stood up and prepared myself to fight once more.

"Enough of your games, Medusa!" I growled defiantly to the snake-haired monster, before shouting angrily. "Let's fight, bitch!"

"As you wish, child." She snapped angrily, before charging towards me.

For a while, we went back and forth. Our powerful and swift strikes pushing each other back. At one point I lost my shield and had to keep my eyes down, which made fighting the cursed entity even harder to fight.

Medusa swung her daggers high and swiped her snake-like tail towards me. I dived over the large tail and somersaulted behind her, one of the daggers slashing my left calf in the process.

Before she could turn around, I swung my sword at her neck. My blade hit it's target and I watched as Medusa's head dropped from her body.

"Heads up, Sweetheart." I muttered the lame one-liner, as her body collapsed and joined her head on the ground.

"Okay, that was awesome!" Harry exclaimed, running up to me as I picked up the gate key from around the dead gorgon's wrist.

"Yeah, awesome." I scoffed sarcastically with a shake of my head. "And thanks for the help back there, Harold."

"In my defense, I lost my sword during the fight with the statues and I have a huge phobia of snakes."

I gave my companion an unamused glare, before we both ran to the gate and I unlocked it.

"Wait! Wait, the head! We can still use it as a weapon!" Harry stated before running back to Medusa's decapitated head and wrapping it in his Ravenclaw robes. He rushed back to where he previously stood with the covered head in his hands.