Chapter Eight

"Fifth Year"

•••••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••••

"Are you sure, that you're sure about this?" I asked the boy beside me as we walked down the corridor towards the dining hall. The four Gryffindor boys were sure to be there, considering that the only thing that they are reliably punctual for is food.

"I'm sure! Now let's go!" Tim laughed heartily, before noticing how his words did nothing to ease my nerves. He reached down and held onto my fidgeting hand, giving it a comforting squeeze. "Why are you nervous? I'm the one coming out to the entire fucking school."

"Stop laughing at me, Timothée!" I scolded, flicking his temple with my free hand. "I'm nervous for you."

"And I'm beyond grateful for that, Little Red. But I'm telling people I'm Bisexual, not facing off a room full of Dementors." Timothée laughed, placing a brotherly kiss onto the side of my head.

"Might as well be. I mean have you met our classmates?" I joked with a snort. "Did you think that kiss last night was really weird too?"

"Yes! It was like kissing my sister!"

We both laughed as we entered the dining hall, hand-in-hand. Scanning the room for James and the boys.

My smile dropped when I did spot him and my heart broke. Timothée noticed this and immediately asked. "Nora? What's wrong, Love?"

He followed my gaze towards the Gryffindor table and saw exactly what had upset me.

There sat James Fleamont Potter, making out with Olivia Warren.

I pursed my lips and tried to force back the tears that were forming in my eyes. I gripped Timothée's hand with white knuckles, as Remus and Sirius walked up beside us.

"Just my fucking luck." I scoffed bitterly, my voice breaking slightly and tears fell from my eyes.

Without another word, I quickly left the dining hall and made my way to the girl's lavatory. I stood in front of one of the sinks, gripping the side of it tightly with one hand and wiping away my tears with the other.

"Love? Are you alright?" Tim asked as he entered, not caring if anyone else was here. I sent him an incredulous, teary eyed look and made the answer obvious. "Right, stupid question."

"Thanks for trying anyway, T." I said, calming down a bit. "Are you still going to tell everybody about–"

"Nope, because I have a better idea to show that clotpole what he's missing out on!" He told me with a big grin.