III

I keep on skipping ahhh
The skip isn't that huge this time😂

-::-

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" Echoes of police sirens and people screaming are heard everywhere. Mama's new apartment (which she bought with money I didn't even know daddy was sending) was huge, but there was no Erik in it.

"Happy New Year baby." She kisses my head.

"I ain't no baby." I groan, but smile nonetheless.

"Seen Erik at school lately?" I shake my head, smiling sadly.

"Maybe he just went away for a while."

"It's us that went away, Ma." I say before running out of the apartment with only one destination on my mind: Erik.

-::-

Walking through the streets to a place I once called Home was nostalgic. A literal walk through memory lane. I go to the old basketball court, to look up at the stars, and am not at all surprised when I see a lone figure sitting in the middle of the court.

"It's been 2 whole years, Tazi." I turn to see Erik slowly standing up, with his back being the only thing I can see.

"730 days, 17,520 hours, 1,051,200 minutes, and I fucking forgot the number of seconds," he walks towards me, with a bounce in his step and a blank look on his face.

"But I damn know that every second without you drove me crazy." He says, whispering, as his tall frame hovers over mine, making me crane my head back just to look at him.

"Erik, I-"

"We graduate high school this year, T. I'm going to MIT. Did I tell you that?" The tears fall from my eyes without reason, I hold my breath.

"I didn't want to leave you here, E." He once again ignores my comment.

"Nothing's keeping me here, T." It was then that I finally looked at him, with his face still blank, but the brokenness in his voice made up for it.

I say nothing, but attack him with a hug, not at all surprised when he hugs me back, and all the white noise around us disappears.

The words flow out of my mouth without realization, but I'm proud I said it anyway,

"I'll keep you here. I'll make you want to stay. And you don't get to fucking leave me, okay?" I laugh at my words. The laugh comes out sounding painfully forced.

"Okay." He nods, with his head still on my shoulder.

"Do you promise?"

"I promise." I The let go of him and punch him lightly on the shoulder. He chuckles, and then walks away from me to pick up a basketball.

"For old time's sake?" He asks, with a suggestive smirk on his face.

"I'M ABOUT TO BEAT YOU BABY BOY." I say, laughing a little as I steal the ball from him, dribbling to the makeshift 'hoop' that joint us together in the first place.

When I reach the hoop, I frown.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm too short to dunk." He laughs, walks towards me and carries me until I reach the hoop. His fingers stay firmly on my waist, and I know he's like my brother, but damn.

When the ball enters I start cheering, still being carried by Erik. He laughs and then puts me down.

"Okay lets go. It's cold as fuck and I didn't bring anything." He gestures to his bare arms and I sigh. We then walk towards the apartment me and my mama share, and I almost expected the screams of shock when she saw Erik walk through the door.

Why? Cause that's what my heart's been doing all day.

-::-

TO BE HONEST, EVERY VILLAIN HAS A SOFT SIDE AND ERIK'S IS ALL GOOEY AND MUSHY AND I FEEL LIKE I GOT DIABETES JUST FROM WRITING THIS

Luh y'all stay sweggy