VII

It ain't gon make sense but ehehe read it
-::-

"WITH A TASTE OF YOUR LIPS I'M ON A RUNNNNN! YOU'RE TOXIC I'M SLIPPING UNDERRRRRRR" I scream my lungs out at the TV hopelessly trying to win this karaoke battle. Trey is next to me, shaking his hips and doing disco dance moves and all, and as soon as I see him I end up laughing.

"WITH A TASTE OF YOUR POISON PARADISEEEEE," Trey sings in a high pitched voice that didn't suit him at all,

"I'M ADDICTED TO YOU, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT YOU'RE TOXICCCCCC," we sing at the same time, falling back on the couch.

"How the hell does Britney do it." He says, regaining his breath.

"Beats me, I feel like I got abs from just that." Trey laughs, sneakily pulling my shirt up a little to see if I had gotten any.

"Maybe if you sing another verse you'll get a 6-pack." I burst out laughing, then grab my laptop and my reading glasses, checking to see if I had gotten my graduation slip from my online college.

I knew that these 2 years without Erik were soon coming to a close, but without Trey, I probably would have died.

I met him at the grocery store, when he gave me a ten dollar bill cause I left my wallet at home, and from that day, we were inseparable.

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel anything for him, that's a place only one person has roamed, and I intend to keep it that way.

"GUESS WHO JUST GRADUATED!" I exclaim, and he jumps up and down on his seat.

"This calls for a celebration" Trey screams, then goes to the landline and starts calling people I ain't even heard of.

"I don't want no fucking party, are you mad?" I groan when he nods.

"You deserve it, Tazi. I mean, you just GRADUATED!"

"From online college." I continue, putting on my shoes.

"It's still graduation!" I roll my eyes.

"Keep telling yourself that." I slip out the door, walking back to my apartment.

-::-

Finding a letter on the floor that said 'Greetings from Oakland' almost made me faint.

Opening it with shaky hands and a dry mouth, I take a second to look at the spread out handwriting. Papa.

'Dear Tazi,
I'm not in Oakland right now, but I do feel like I must tell you the truth.
I'm a bad person, baby. I've lied to so many people, and I felt horrible when one of those people became you.
You're a smart girl, and I know you will have Erik by your side to help you figure it out.
But you will see me again. I swear it.
-Papa'

My mom comes from around the corner, and sighs as soon as she sees me on the floor.

"I think it's time I told you about Wakanda." She grabs me and takes me out of our apartment, walking back to a building we used to call Home.

-::-

"Mama, why are we in Erik's old apartment?" I ask. She shushes me and gets out a key, opening the door. It's untouched , everything is the same. There's that old blood stain on the floor and she walks into Erik and his daddy's old room. The decorations are very tribal, very unique. She removes a blanket from the wall and pulls out a headboard, and inside there are things I thought you could only dream of. Instead she only pulls out a book.

As she opens it, I immediately see words scrawled out in a different language, but the longer I stare at them, they sort of... translate themselves in my head.

"There is this girl, she and her parents moved in to the apartment near mine not too long ago. She is the splitting image of a Wakandan, without having to pull her lip down to prove it" I read out loud, and my mom is shocked that I am able to read.

"Isn't Wakanda that poor, third world country that everyone seems to be talking about?" I look at mama and she smiles.

"That's the one, my child. But it's not as poor as you think." My eyes widen at her accent change, and I'm beyond confused at this point.

She pulls down her lip, and once again I see that familiar scar.

"Ayt, so does everybody have this scar thingy or what?" I roll my eyes.

"No. We were sent here as spies for the king, and we are the few remaining, and if Erik comes back, then you must go."

"I can't leave you here, mama."

"You can't, but you must." And with that, we walk out of the apartment, putting everything back in its rightful place. I stare at the blood stain on the floor, and the markings on my lip begin to itch, the same way they did all those years ago.

-::-

No Erik in this chapter :(

Luh y'all stay sweggy