XXIX

I'm going back to school soon😥 but by the time I post this I'll already be back😂😂 pre writing is the bessst

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-::-

"What the actual FUCK makes you think you have authority over my childhood?" Erik growls.

Mamma Mia, here we go again.

That reminds me. I should probably go see that movie AFTER ERIK CALMS THE FUCK DOWN.

"I have never said I do. But you don't look like you care oh-so much about the building so what are YOU so upset about?" He points at Erik, and I just sigh. T'Challa came to ME this morning with the blueprints to a building he bought in Oakland. When I asked which one it was, he made it MAD clear that it was the one Erik and I used to live in, with the makeshift basketball hoop and everything. Erik, of course, flipped a fucking switch. I couldn't care LESS.

"All of my dad's stuff is still there, and I would very much like to keep that room in its same state, cousin." Just when I thought they would get along.

"Yo, I'm on the outside looking in-" I hold up a hand to shut Erik up before he even fucking thinks of interrupting me, "And what it seems like it that y'all are trying to carry on... whatever it was your daddies went through. Can y'all both agree to disagree? Like, E, they came to run the blueprints by ME. And T'Challa, He kinda has more emotional attachment to the building than me, so it woulda been real coo for you to tell him about it as well." Erik just grumbles out something, and T'Challa sighs.

"She has a point." T'Challa says finally, breaking the silence that had fallen upon us.

"When does she not." Erik stands up from the bed, dusting himself off and showing T'Challa to the door.

"And you wanna know why else I'm so against tearing it down? Cause that's where I met you." He closes the door behind him, walking into the shower.

-::-

"Daddy, why can't I go to the party? I WANNA GO!" I frown, crossing my arms at my daddy, who was sitting at the table reading the newspaper.

"What can I say. Did you get an invite?" He looks at me with amused eyes from his corner of the room, and I groan. 

"No, but Nate from the second floor is coming and don't nobody like him! So why can't I go!"

"First of all, that's a boy birthday party. I don't know what you would be doing in there. But if you really want to go, put on ya nicest clothes." I run into my room, picking out my favorite sweater and some socks, staying in the tights I was wearing.

"Boom!"

"Looking sharp, as always." He nods, placing his mug on the table and dusting himself off.

"Sharp? I ain't a knife daddy!"

"Really." He chuckles, walking us down the hallway to the birthday kid's apartment. He knocks on the door and some woman opens it, smoking a cigarette.

"We're here for the kid's birthday." She blows out smoke, into my daddy's face and weakly pushes me in, not saying a word.

The first thing I saw when I walked in was THAT CAKE. It was surrounded by G.I Joe action figures, and unlit candles, one huge one in the shape of a 6. Boys were running around the rooms, making gun noises that didn't sound impressive at all, and the only girls here were teenagers, blowing bubbles and chewing gum obnoxiously loud.

"Aye, What are you doing here girly?" Birthday kid's daddy, who was friends with my daddy, comes and kneels down to talk to me.

"I came to wish, him a happy birthday."