XXXVIII

"Tell me why I saw a demon outside my lab?" Shuri asks, snickering. I raise an eyebrow.

"Should I call my pastor?"

"That man is too good looking to be any good. He's the devil's work." She mutters. "Is this about that bodyguard thing you were doing?"

I nod, since I had onion rings (this baby didn't even CARE about onion breath) in my mouth.

"You know this is for protection purposes, not a fashion show?"

"Of course I do, what?"

"That guy cant protect you for shit. I walked past him, WITH YOU, holding a knife. He was too busy staring at you to even think about the risks!"

"Orrrr he knew you were the princess and wouldn't actually hurt me?" I was trying not to show that the second part of the sentence affected me more than the first.

I failed.

"I can throw DOWN with this knife!" She shoots me a look, "and you know you're gonna have to step up security."

"He's an intern for now. I've not actually decided anything," and from the look Erik gave me when I suggested having 'Remz' around forreal forreal... it's gonna take a while to get a final decision.

-::-

"I'll fuck that nigga up, you know I will." He paces around, back and forth, as naked as the day he was born. The view was great, of course, but I was lowkey scared for the other nigga's life.

Erik doesn't make empty threats, and I've learnt that multiple times. One time we went out, and some waiter nigga was flirting with me, and... let's just say, by the end of the night he made it VERY clear that I was taken.

"Chill," he squints his eyes, pacing even faster. "Fuck chill, this ain't a Netflix session. He's trying to take my baby," he kisses his teeth, "this ain't about bodyguards."

"You hear yourself? I'm YOUR baby. And I'm also CARRYING your baby. That other nigga, he a bozo."

"It's M.A, you don't know hoe?" He raps back to me and I roll my eyes. "Get the fuck on."

"Oh, so it's only cool when you do it?" That taunting sound in his voice has me calling him forward with two fingers.

"I'm the coolest," he kisses on my neck and hums. "You really a lame and we both know it."

"This D isn't lame."

I turn and meet his lips, "I know, I can feel it on my leg." I then move away before I ended up with TWO babies in my stomach instead of one. "Put on some clothes." He grabs my waist and pulls me back to his body.

"Not too hot for a pair of shorts!" He sighs and ties a towel around his waist, then moves to me again. "Happy now?"

"It's an improvement." My arms wrap around his neck and his on my waist, and he kisses the shit out of me. In the midst of whatever this was, the door opens, and it takes me a while to gain the strength to pull away.

Remz is standing by the door, clearing his throat, and I subconsciously hold E back before he even started swinging.

"The elders are wondering what the plans are for the masquerade party." Erik's hand moves from my waist, and he kisses my forehead before he lets me go. "It WOULD be you planning this party shit."

"Out of pity, probably." He places a hand on my stomach, and I sigh before moving away from him.

There are like, invisible lines pulling us together, and here comes Remz tangling them all.

As we walk away from the bedroom, I could sense he wanted to say something (powers) but decided not to. "Say it."

He didn't even wonder how I knew what he was thinking, he just asked. "I hate to be intrusive, but, are you...?"

"Am I what? I can't read minds, y'know." I can. He's wondering if I'm pregnant, and he's feeling quite jealous about the whole ordeal. Boys.

"Never mind."  He opens the door to the backyard, and I gladly walk through, shooting him a SUPER small smile. He shoots one back.

Erik's going to kill this nigga.

-::-

IM NOT EVEN GOING TO EXPLAIN WHY I WAS GONE, but here it is!

I want them two to fight so bad😩😩

k bye🤠