XXXVI

Walking out of the plane and back into the beautiful Wakandan sunshine was a feeling I wouldn't mind getting used to. Dance, song, and rice filled the air and I walked out, Erik by my side, holding onto my waist.

"The holiday has treated you well." Queen Ramonda beams at me, and I smile back.

"It's always good to get some fresh air."

"No, no, there's something else. There's this... glow around you."

"That would be my highlight, Your Highness." I smirk and she jeers while laughing.

"Not that, silly girl. But I'm pretty sure you'll find out soon."

I get a little confused at that but keeping greeting the elders anyways. I couldn't wait to just sink into bed and eat some Doritos.

"TAZEEZY IN THE HOUUUUSEEEEE!" Shuri yells, playing 'Thotiana' mad loud. All the elders look at her, then me, then Erik, and I had to resist temptation.

I'm not sure these elders wanna see me bussdown.

"LIL SHURI IN THIS BITCH!" we laugh and hug each other. She's like my bestfriend and I missed her savage ass so much.

"Oh, thank Bast that you're back. I got tired of these old ladies asking me what 'periodt' means."

As we walked back to Erik and I's room, I laughed and told her all about the trip, (excluding the 80% of the trip we spent... doing stuff) and my stomach grumbled.

"Someone's hungry."

"Yeah, I had Doritos in my suitcase and I'm tryna EAT. you want some?"

"Don't mind if I do." She throws herself on Erik and I's bed, turning on the TV and scrolling thru channels on cable.

I walk into the bathroom, ready to take off this fuck ass makeup, when I look in my makeup bag and start cursing.

"Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck." I stare at it for a while, and Shuri laughs. "What, you forgot waterproof mascara is actually waterproof?"

I call her into the room, and she raises an eyebrow. "So do you always use pads to take off your makeup or...?"

"Gurl. I was supposed to have used these."

"Ok, and?"

"And I haven't."

"Ok, and?"

"Which means I'm late."

"And the big deal is..?"

I stare at her with a blank face. When she finally gets it, she smiles a bit, then cringes.

"Really T?"

"What are you even talking about?"

"You're meaning to tell me you and Erik..." she makes weird hand gestures and I sigh.

"Nope. I'm Mary the fucking virgin."

"Shut up and get to the lab." She walks out of the room before me, leaving me to pack up my shit and run after her.

Damn. Didn't even get to eat my Doritos.

-::-

I'm back on this comfy ass hospital bed, sitting with Erik besides me, and a pregnancy test in the bathroom. He was literally bouncing on his way here, rubbing my belly when we don't even know if a child is in here yet.

"Only a few more minutes!" Shuri yells, and I turn to look at Erik with a sigh.

"You know I got you, right? You and this baby, you priority now."

"Yeah," he held me close, and kissed me until I felt loved. I forgot about how tense I felt for a moment. Basically his kisses were my stress reliever.

"Ok so um, I don't know how this shit works but- oh God." Shuri turns to look at us with a frown on her face. I don't have to look at Erik to tell his smile has faded.

"You're not expecting—"

"We could kinda tell already," Erik sighs.

"Who are you interrupting? Dumbass. AS I WAS SAYING, you're not expecting to just have this baby without me asking to be godmother first, right?"

The smile grows on my face before I can stop it. "Shut the fuck up."

"YOU'RE HAVING A BABY! CONGRATULATIONS!" I stare at the pregnancy test in my hands, two lines with the word 'pregnant' confirming it all.

Erik turns to me with tears in his eyes, and I turn to him with a few tears of my own threatening to escape. "Thank you." I pull him into me and kiss him for the millionth time today. "Thank you."

He puts his big ass hand on my stomach and stares into my soul. "Nah, thank you."

-::-

srsly in love with writing about them. ugh.
THE BABYBNHFHXDJDJSJDSSHZG

BOY OR GIRL IM THINKING BOY BC LIL ERIK BUT IM ALSO THINKING GIRL BC LIL T

BUT OMG I ALSO REALLY WANT TRIPLETS FOR NO DUMB ASS REASON

ok I'm done

Luh y'all stay sweggy