XXXI

"This dress squeezing my intestines in," I breathe out, all flustered and scared and trapped in this fucking dress.

"We just have to be seen for two minutes, fingers crossed." T'Challa sighs, and I wink at the Dora's behind me holding the train of my dress.

"He's lying, this shit might take the whole day." Erik whispers, adjusting the golden claw thingy on his neck.

"And I just had to choose the tightest dress in the universe. Thanks Shuri!"

"I'm not used to making clothes for people with actual figures," she chuckles when Nakia scowls at her. "Rude."

"This booty is about to burst out of this fucking dress." Erik places his hand on it for a brief second, and I give him eyes.

"Chill!"

"How long will this take! I hate this... makeup on my face." Okoye groans, trying to wipe off the eyeshadow I spent TEN MINUTES BLENDING, so I use my powers to push her hands down, without even looking at her.

{ I just realized she's basically Eleven without the nosebleed }

"Try to even touch your face and I will put the eyelashes back on."

"Okay, okay!" She raises her arms, and I laugh a little.

"Why do we have to do this? The lobby is so big and the white people are staring and I am losing my patience with every step I take," Shuri mutters, and I sigh.

"I know right? Ugh, I hate public appearances."

"Well you're a queen now, so..." I raise my ringless finger. "I'm just doing this cause I fucking miss New York and this dress is fire." Erik laughs, and I look at him. "Don't even start, you the reason I'm here. Nobody tole your ass to fall in love with me."

"Oh no, lock away my heart for wanting you."

"Shut up and open them doors like the man you are bruh." He sighs, and holds one of the gigantic handles while T'Challa holds the other one.

Has this ever happened to you? You're walking into the cafeteria, alone, and suddenly it goes dead silent.

I think I just had our cafeteria moment.

All chatting voices went silent and all wandering eyes were now focused on us. We waited for T'Challa, Erik, and Okoye to step forward before we started moving.

I start fiddling with the kimoyo beads. Nervous.

"Welcome, Wakanda, to what I hope is the very first of many UN meetings you will be gracing us with your presence in. Obviously you must have a reason as to why you're here," the boys keep nonchalant faces, and I want to start spitting game, but I know it's not my place. Fuck a custom.

"I speak as T'Challa, one of the two kings and four tribal chiefs our country has. We've come here as Wakanda, a country with more knowledge than what you are familiar with, and we would like to share our knowledge with you."

"One of the two kings? How does that work?" I can tell Erik is dying to answer the question, so I hand him my mic.

"Forgive me for answering a question with a question, but how does having BOTH a president and a mayor work? How does having both an airport and train station work?" The person is left speechless, "that's how it works. One has its purpose and the other has its own but they both work in similar ways."

"So, King N'Jadaka will have more to do with international affairs and King T'Challa will deal with the country's affairs and allies."

"And the queens?"