The Party

"Evanna, meet Erza Woodwords, son of Mr Jack Woodwords. The CEO of Woodwords company." Dad introduced me to another rich snob, but I have to say he was literally hot. Atleast I won't get bored now.

Erza extended his hand. "Your father has already introduced me but I guess it's still necessary. Hi, I'm Erza Woodwords."

I shook his hand. "Pleasure to meet you. I'm Evanna Winters." He didn't leave my hand, instead he brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it. Such a gentleman, duh.

"Pleasure's all mine." How cheesy.

"I'll leave you two alone now." He said, then he hugged me and whispered in my ear. "Don't screw up this time. He's really important." I simply nodded and he smiled.

I watched dad walk away and disappear into the crowd. "Let's go outside, it's a bit crowded in here." Erza suggested. I nodded. What's happening to me? Why am I not being my usual witty self? Ugh.

We went to the backyard of the mansion where the party was hosted. The sun was just beginning to set, the weather was also pleasant. We both sat on a bench, near the fountain. "So.. first of all how old are you?" I asked bluntly. Yay, I'm back to myself. I don't want to have a fling with some guy who's way older than me. I'm not into older guys.

"Woah, pretty direct." He said, smirking. "Well, I'm just 19 years old." Two years, not bad. "Why?"

"I'm not really into older guys." I replied.

He chuckled. "Looks can be decieving sometimes you know. Never thought of you as this bold."

"You don't know anything about me." I smirked.

"I like you already. You're different." He placed his hand around my shoulder.

I grabbed his wrist and pushed it off me. "And you're not. You are just like every other guy. I don't hate you but I don't like you."

His eyes widened. "Ooh, feisty. You know you look much older than your age." His eyes roamed all over me.

"Ugh. This is getting really cheesy." I said making a disgusted face.

He wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me closer. I was taken aback for a second. "Don't you like this?" He started making circles with his finger on my waist.

I pushed him away and got up from the bench. "Hold your horses boy. Trust me you do not want to mess with me." I took it pretty easy. Many girls however would make a big issue out of it.

He too stood up, smirking. He put both of his hands on my back and pulled me close, again. He leaned down and whispered, "I know you too want this. No one will ever know." I can feel his breath on my neck. I smirked. Wrong girl Woodwords. I kneed him, you know where, and he immediate backed off. It was pretty hard I have to say. "You bitch!" He shouted and fell on his knees.

I knelt down beside him and punched him straight on face. "No one calls me that. No one. I told you you're messing with the wrong girl, this will serve you right." I can see a cut on this lower lip. I smirked. I got up and went inside the mansion, leaving him on the ground.

"Dad I'm going home, I'm not feeling well." I did not ask, I informed once I reached him.

He frowned for a second but quickly smiled. "Ofcourse honey. I'll tell Ralph to take you home." I smiled at him. For once he is agreeing with me. I know this won't last for long. Once he finds out what I did, I'm so dead. But who cares? That asshole deserves it.

I walked out of the mansion and saw Ralph, our driver, waiting for me. "I'll drive." I said, snatching the keys from him. He sighed. He knows it's useless to argue with me and how much I love driving. He's the one who taught me how to drive.

"K." He raised his hands in defeat and sat in the passengers seat.

Three hours later

I heard the door of my room slam opening. I turned my chair and saw a really angry dad standing there. Ok here we go.

"Dad?" I said, breaking the silence.

"Evanna Winters! What do you think you are?" He shouted.

"Dad, I can explain."

He strode towards me angrily and grabbed my face harshly, making me look in his eyes. Erza was right, looks can really be decieving sometimes. "What will you explain? Can you explain why you beat that boy so badly? Didn't I tell you how important he was?" His grip on me tightened and it was almost hurting me.

"D..dad he tried to make a move on me. I just showed him his right place." I managed to say.

"Couldn't you just have walked away? Couldn't you have just told me? Couldn't you just tell him to back off, but no that won't be any fun, would it?" He barked.

"I just punched him, that's all dad. What's the big deal?" He removed his hand.

"The big deal is that you punched him so hard that his left cheek turned purple and now Mr Woodwords won't want to work with me." He said in a tone which proved that I was a disgrace. Without another word, he left the room, leaving me speechless. My eyes became watery but I blinked the tears back. I've sworn I'll never cry.

I went down for dinner and saw dad leaving. Didn't he just came this morning? "D..dad, where are you going?" I gathered the courage to ask. The only person I'm afraid of in this whole freaking universe is my dad.

"I'm going to Europe for a month." He said without looking at me. A month!?

"Dad I'm sorry." This word sorry seem so alien to my mouth. But I can't let him leave without apologizing.

He finally looked at me. "Try not to get into much trouble." Was all he said. Tears blurred vision. Couldn't he, like a good dad, hug me and say it's okay and forgive me? Why does he have to be so distant and cold, it's like I'm a stranger to him.

He turned and walked out of the door carrying his bag. He didn't even look back once or smiled before leaving or said goodbye. "I love you dad." I whispered to myself as I watched him get in the car and drive away. I blinked back tears again.

I skipped dinner that night and went to bed early. Tomorrow will be a hell of a day for people who will upset me.