Hell Breaks Lose

Beep... Beep... Beep

This is all I hear when I regain consciousness. I slowly, really slowly open my eyes, immediately shutting them when I see a sharp white light. Once my eyes adjust to the light, I reopen them.

"She is waking up! Adrien she is waking up." This voice belongs to mom.

When my eyes are fully open, I scan my surroundings. I am in a hospital room I think looking at all the machinery and the IV stuck to my arm. My head hurts and I am not able to move my left leg, thigh more specifically.

Rachel, Jason, Paige, Austin, Gabriel, and mom and dad are all in the room. Dad and Gabriel are soon by my either side when I try to get up. They help me sit up. That's when I see that my left lower thigh is bandaged tightly and that's why I wasn't able to move it.

Why do I feel like something or someone is missing here?

"Oh Kath you don't have any idea how much terrified we were." Mom says as she hugs me. Terrified. Oh my God, Chris. I push mom away slightly.

"Where is Chris?" I ask. Mom and dad's face pales while the rest looks away. "Where. Is. Chris!?" I yell and tears start flowing down my cheek. I know something bad has happened.

"He is gone Kath. Those men took him. But the police are working really hard to find him." Dad tells.

"No they aren't! Or Chris would've been here now!" I shout again. My head starts throbbing again.

"They will find him Kath." Gabriel says. He takes a seat beside my bed and takes my hand in his.

I'm crying and sobbing like anything by now. "I.. I want Chris. I want him here. R.. right now." My breath hitches in my throat and I start hyperventilating.

"Katherine breathe..." Gabe orders but I couldn't. Austin calls the nurse soon. She has an injection in her hand.

She grabs my hand and was about to inject the sedative when I slap her hand away. "No! No, I don't want to go back to sleep. I want to, have to find my Chris." Gabriel grabs my arm tightly and motions the nurse to inject the sedative. I look at him with pleading eyes. But by now the sedative has already entered my system and I am starting to feel dizzy.

"This is for your own good Katherine." He says before everything becomes black again.

Next day

"Chris!" With this I open my eyes. I sit up and take deep breaths. Gabriel switches on the lights and sits on the bed beside me after that. He rubs my back. The room seems emptier than before. "Is Chris back?" I ask, full of hope.

"Unfortunately no." He answers.

And the waterworks start again. I hug Gabriel tightly. He hugs me back. "I miss him. I don't know what he might be going through right now. Those.. those guys must be torturing him."

"We'll find him Kath." He wipes my tears away.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

"Luke was getting really out of control. He just won't stop crying so your mom and dad had to go back home. The guys go home at night and come back here as soon as the sun rises." He tells.

"Thanks for being here with me Gabriel. How long have I been here?"

"Nearly four days. For the first two days, the doctors induced you with coma for quick recovery and the third day you woke up."

I nod. It's not as bad as I expected it to be. I feared that I was out for months. "When and how did you find me?"

"It was almost midnight and you didn't come to pick up Luke. Austin called you and Chris but none of you answered. He panicked. We both then went back to the garden but you weren't there. We started driving down the road in hopes to find you and we did but not as we wanted to.
You were lying on the ground, your head was bleeding, leg was bleeding. It was a simply horrible sight for me and Austin. It didn't hit us that time that Chris was also with you, we were just focusing on getting you to the hospital. The doctors said that we brought you on time or too much blood would've been lost. Chris's mom did your surgery.
The next day she asked about Chris and we didn't have any answer. Your father practically ordered the whole police department of the city to look for him but it was like they just vanished. The search is still going on. I'm sure we'll find him."

"Gabriel I'm really thankful for what you did but could you just leave me alone for some time?" I ask as politely as I could but I know that it didn't come out politely.

Gabriel sighs. "Sure Kath. Just.. just try to get some rest." He gets up from the bed and places a kiss on my forehead before leaving the room.

I lie back down and stare at the ceiling. I see Chris's smiling face there and then I see Chris's beaten up face from that day. I shut my eyes immediately but I couldn't shut the tears that came out of my eyes.

I cried and cried and cried until I was finally asleep. But I made a promise to myself before doing so. I promised myself that I will find Chris at any cost. I will never give up on him, no matter how long it takes. I will save him this time.