Camping

"Do I really have to go?" Rachel whines.

"Come on Rach, it's just for a night." I say.

The past week has been exhausting because of all the wedding preparations. I can't believe the wedding is just a week away. Thankfully, Austin and Gabriel understood my hardship and planned this camping trip. They know that only forests can calm me down now.

Gabriel rings the horn, signalling me to get in. I huff as I hop in the backseat. "You know I don't like to sit in the backseat." I complain.

Chris and Gabriel chuckle. "You're lucky that I and Chris decided to take you with us or you'd have been stuck with the lovebirds." Gabriel says. They both high five.

"Since when did you two started bonding?" I ask.

"Jealous, are we? Don't worry, I won't steal him from you." Gabriel teases.

I stick my tongue out to him. Gabriel starts the car. The winds mess up my hair but I still feel nice. I start feeling sleepy as always. Winds.

I lie on the car seat and press my legs to my chest. Once comfortable, I close my eyes and let sleep take over me.

Chris

It's been an hour and Katherine hasn't said a word. It's not like her. I turn and see her sleeping uncomfortably on the car seat. She looks so cute.

I poke Gabriel. "Look."

Gabriel looks behind for a fraction of second before shifting his attention back to the road. "Winds. It always have this effect on her."

"She looks like a little kid, doesn't she?" I say.

"She does. She is a kid inside. And little, that too she is. I'm surprised a 5 feet 2 inch girl could be so scary and intimidating when she wants to be."

"Kind of hard to digest."

"Chris.. I want you to continue whatever you are doing to her. It is changing her. We tried everything we could to change her but weren't as successful as you are. I guess love is what she needed." Gabriel says.

I nod, not knowing how to answer him. Gabriel is a nice guy. He apologized for his behaviour during the party and told me the reason behind his behaviour. He is a jolly guy and doesn't take things seriously. An easy going guy. A guy who loves my Katherine whole heartedly. Not the kind of love I do, a sisterly love.

And yes, I love her. I don't know what spell she put on dad. He apologized for his behaviour towards me and hugged me like a father should hug a son. God I so missed his love. She makes my everyday perfect, everything perfect. With her by my side, I know that nothing can go wrong. I feel a wave of confidence within me when I am with her.

But I don't know whether the feeling is mutual or not. I'm scared that she'll push me away when I'll confess and call me weak but I can't bear that. She is everything to me. Am I being a bit too cheesy? Or dramatic? I don't know. I've never felt this way for anyone but her. I close my eyes to clear my mind.

The car jumps and dives and I know we have entered the forest premises without opening my eyes.

It comes to a halt in the glade that Austin booked for our camping trip.

We both get out of the car. Jason's car is nowhere in view. God knows where the lovebirds have gone.

"Let's fix our tents first. Then we'll wake her up." Gabriel says. I agree.

Gabriel takes out all the three tents and puts them on the floor not so gently. He then grabs one tent, blue one. It's Katherine's. He walks to the nearby lake and throws the tent in it.