Date

The next few weeks, I followed the time table made by Chris. After coming back from school, I teach him self defence for an hour or so, then he helps me with chemistry after which he goes back home and I study my other subjects.

Chris has been doing well. He still needs to perfect his aim but the fight part, he was doing better than I expected. He even took me by surprise sometimes and I was happy he did. Ok I am a little insecure since he is already muscular and once practiced well, he can even beat me.

On Sundays we all friends spend some time together either watching movies or going out or something. Life was smiling at me again. And as shocking as it might be, I am learning to control my temper. I don't beat up people, well not as often as I used to. A few times, I did lose it when people commented on my relationship with Chris and punched a few guys but Chris calmed me down soon after that.

I, dad, mom and Luke even went to Seattle for a weekend. A normal teenager would hate going somewhere with their parents but I was happy. It was really fun. Dad and mom even decided the date of their wedding. I'm just so excited as I am going to be the maid of honour.

It's still one month away but we've already started the preparations. Mom's wedding gown has been selected but I didn't find the bridesmaid dress that I had in my mind. Still a lot of work is to be done.

The one great thing that has happened during these weeks is that Bolton and the rest of the gang has been arrested and are sentenced twelve years in jail for tormenting me. But Tim and Blake are still out there and I'm afraid they will come back. The guy whom I shot hasn't been caught either. Chris said that I should stop worrying or I'll get wrinkles. I think I should just drop it.

I drop my bag on the couch and walk to the kitchen. I see a note on the refrigerator.

Be home by six.
Love, mom.

Strange. I shrug and walk to my room. Another note waits for me on my closet.

Dress up. We are going out at seven.
It's a date.
Love, Chris.

Oh my god! I totally forgot about the date. What should I wear? It should reflect my personality and be decent at the same time. I open my closet and scan through my clothes.

I then take out a dark blue dress which turns into black at the bottom. It is made up of shimmer cloth and stops a little above my thighs. It hugs my body perfectly in all the right places. Gotta flaunt my assets.

I take a quick look at the wall clock and sigh a sigh of relief since I still have two hours with me.

I strip my clothes and jump in the shower. After a long calming bath, I step out of the bathroom after drying myself and walk to the dressing table in my robe. I don't apply much make up. Just liner, lip gloss and mascara.

After that, I slip my dress on me and run a brush through my hairs. I was just deciding what to do with my hairs when mom stepped in.

"Katherine did you have your... Wow, it's not your birthday is it?" She asks.

I chuckle. "No it's not. Chris is taking me out today.. we are going on a date. My first date." I squeal like a silly fifteen year old.

"That's great. Let me do your hairs." She suggests. I nod.

I sit down on my dresser stool. Mom twists and turns my hairs into a perfect messy bun, leaving two small strands on each side of my face.