How to fight

Sitting on the dining table with the breakfast in front of me, I think about the incidents of last night. What the hell is happening to Gabriel? Thank God today's Saturday. I don't want to face Gabriel yet.

"What are you thinking?" Aura asks as she takes a seat in front of me.

"Can I trust you?" I really want to share all my confusion with someone and who would be better than Aura.

"I can promise to keep it to myself?" She replies with a question.

I sigh and tell her whatever happened last night.

"Woah.." she starts "First of all congratulations for your first kiss, I'm really happy for you." I pass her a shy smile. "And coming back to Gabriel, from all that you have told me, from his weird behaviour from some days and then last night's action, it's clear the guy likes you."

And I choke on my own food. "No, this can't happen. He is like my brother." I tell her.

"But he may not consider you a sister." She cleverly states. I open my mouth only to close it again.

"So what should I do?" I ask.

"Nothing. There is nothing you can do about his feelings." She says.

"That really helps." I reply sarcastically.

She smiles. "Talk to him. You have not been giving him any time from what I hear from you. Maybe he is just jealous."

I slam my fist on the table. "That's it. He is jealous or I can say insecure. Thank you so much mo.. Aura." Damn it Evanna. You almost called her mom. Now she will be having high hopes. Damn you.

To my happiness, before Aura could say anything, the door bell rings. God bless whosoever is on the door.

"I'll go get it." Aura says getting up from her chair. I nod.
Aura opens the door and says, "Chris. What a pleasant surprise. What brings you here?" I turn my head to see Chris standing on the door.

"Good morning Ms Johnson. I wanted to meet Evanna." He answers politely. Am I in the twentieth century Britain?

"Sure come in." She guides him in.

"Katherine, hon, Chris's here." I was so lost staring at Chris's lips that I didn't even notice Aura calling me Katherine.

I walk to them. "I kind of saw that." I tell her.

He stares at me and gulps. Why did he do that?

Aura coughs to get my attention. "You might wanna change first Kath." She tells.

I immediately turn red. How can I be so stupid to greet Chris in just a long tshirt. The tshirt covers just a little of my thighs.

"Um.. yes.. you're right. I'll be here in a minute. Do have breakfast Chris." With this I run upstairs to my room.

I slap my head for being so damn stupid. Huh!

After a while when I walk downstairs. Chris and Aura are chatting with each other. I clear my throat to signify my presence.

"I'll leave both of you alone now." Aura stands and starts walking towards her room but not before winking at me and molding her lips to a pout to signify a kiss. I roll my eyes at her but chuckle nonetheless.

"She is pretty cool." Chris says.

"Yeah she is." I jump on the fluffy couch. "So what brings you here?" I ask.

"A few days ago, you agreed to teach me how to fight. Why not start from now?"

I think for a moment. "Sure, whatever." I get up from the couch and grab his hand to lead him upstairs to my practice room.