Spin the bottle

"What about a game of spin the bottle?" Rachel suggests. We all look at each other. "With shots."

I nod eagerly while Chris rolls his eyes at me. We all make a big circle in Noah's lawn. A few of our school mates join us too. And I successfully force Chris to join the game.

The game starts and the bottle's mouth point at Paige. She chooses dare and I know she is in for trouble. Rachel dares her to kiss a girl. Clever mindedly, Paige kisses Rachel on her forehead. Everyone laughs. We had a few shots in between the game too.

After a few spins the bottle lands on Chris. Much to my surprise, he chooses dare. Has the alcohol reached my brain?

"Kiss the girl on your left." Jason dares him. My eyes widen as I glare at him. He smirks and winks at me.

I turn to see Chris's reaction only to see him staring at my lips. I bite them to control my nervousness.

"We don't have the whole day Chris." Paige shouts.

"It's okay. Just kiss me on my cheek." I say to him even though my mind is saying the complete opposite.

He shakes his head and then, in an instant, his lips are on mine. It takes me some time to process everything and kiss him back. Chris's hand reach my waist and mine his neck consequently. I used to think that fireworks and all are cliches but it's not. It isn't even fireworks, it's fire. My whole body is on fire and I couldn't get enough of him.

When everyone hoots, I return back to Earth and pull away. We both look in each other's eyes with awe. I break the starting moment and shift my attention back to the game.

Some more spins take place. I watch everything but wasn't able to process anything since my mind was clouded with the kiss that just happened. I couldn't help the giddy smile that creeps on my face. Paige notices this and winks my way.

After some time, the bottle lands on Gabriel. He as I expected, chooses dare.

"Kiss the hottest girl in this circle." Austin dares him. Gabriel's fling, Archie, looks at him expectantly.

Gabe gets up from his seat and starts walking. The shocking moment was when he stops in front of me. My heartbeat fastens. Please don't, I shout at Gabriel in my mind. He leans down and before I can object, his lips are on mine.

This kiss is nothing like the one I just had. I struggle to break free from his iron like grip on my arm but couldn't because of the alcohol in my system.

Chris comes to my defence and pulls Gabriel back. He is wearing the same expression that he wore when he saw me with Xavier.

"What the hell man? Couldn't you see she was struggling to pull away?" Chris shouts at Gabriel. This is not going to end well. "The last time you did this, I didn't say anything even though I knew you weren't drunk." Chris reveals.

A small gasp escapes from my lips. He wasn't drunk that night? He assaulted me on purpose. No. My Gabriel would never do this.

"So what? What will you do huh?" Gabe pushes Chris back a little by slamming his palm on Chris's chest. What has gotten into him?

"I will do this." Just as this line leaves Chris's lips, he punches Gabriel hard on his jaw. So hard that Gabriel fell down. My eyes widen in horror.

Gabriel gets up almost instantly and punches Chris on his throat. Chris was about to fall when I jump behind him. We both fall since Chris is so damn heavy. His head rests on my chest. Gabriel was about to throw another punch when I hold my hand up.

"Stop Gabriel. Just stop. Both of you." I shout. Austin and Jason comes near us and pulls Chris off me. Rachel and Paige, meanwhile help me up.

"Chris, in my car. Now." I order him. Then I turn to Gabriel. "I'll talk to you later." With this I walk out of Noah's house and quickly jump into my car.

Chris hops inside the shotgun after a while and I start the car.

"It wasn't my fault." Chris says after a while.

"You punched Gabriel." I hiss.

"He kissed you, more like assaulted you." He says through gritted teeth.

I stop the car with a jerk and turn to face Chris. "Make this thing crystal clear in your mind Black, Gabriel is one of the most important people in my life. Whatever he does with me, it's just between us."

"No Evanna, you are wrong. Whatever happens with you affects me." He says.

I was a bit moved by his words. "Why?" I ask.

"Because.. I like you." He confesses. I freeze. As always. I hate freezing.

"You don't know what you are saying." I tell him.

"Shall I prove it to you?" He asks. I nod. He then does what I never thought he would do. He kissed me again. I felt the same fire again.

I pull away before I lose control. "Aren't you getting a bit too bold?"

"What can I say? You are creeping on me." He answers. I chuckle.

"I am a bad influence." I tell him.

"Not for me. Are you okay with my confession?" He asks while I start the car again.

"Why would I not be?"

"Cause you haven't said anything regarding that."

"I like you too Chris. More than one should like a friend." I confess. Aura said denial's not good for health, plus after watching 'Love Rosie', I decided I would be straight with my feelings.

I wasn't able to see his reaction since my eyes were on the road. "So where does that put us?"

"I honestly have no idea." I tell him.

"Don't tell me you never had a boyfriend." I blush a little cause I literally never had a boyfriend. "This means... Oh my god, you.. you are a virgin." I blush harder.

"Like you are not." I scowl.

"I am not." He tells.

Wow, that was not at all what I expected. Chris is not a virgin? Am I dreaming? I should probably drop it plus it's bad to judge. We reach his house.

"Are you really a virgin?" He teases while opening the door.

"Get out of the car." I say as I push him out of the car. He falls hard on the road.

"That was mean. You do not just push your boyfriend out of the car." He gets up on his feet again.

"In your wildest, demented, arrogant dreams you are my boyfriend." I say as I close the door again and drive away. I see Chris laughing from the rear view mirror. I smile too.

My life is so dramatic. One minute all hell breaks loose and the other, I am in heaven.