You don't know me

A week later

"When will you get over that Chris?" I asked. It's been a week since he talked to me properly and now, it's bugging me. I always go to his house after school for chemistry, he just talks about study related stuff and when the hour gets over he closes the books and politely tells me to leave. That's pretty much what we have been doing for the entire week, but not anymore.

"Anytime soon? No." He said bluntly and closed the books. "You've got to stop treating people like they are your toys Evanna."

"Like that's gonna happen." Chris sighed. The kind of sigh my dad lets out when I disappoint him. "I'm sorry." The words flew out of my mouth before I can stop them. What the hell Ev? You apologized for something! That's ridiculous. I covered my mouth with my hands.

Chris's eyes widened. "What did you just say?" He asked. I looked away.

"Nothing." I replied and turned my face away from him.

Chris lifted my face up so that I can look in his beautiful jade green eyes. "Apologizing for your deed is not a shameful thing Evanna." For a moment I really considered giving his words a second thought but I quickly shrugged it off.

"So you're not mad at me anymore?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. I looked at my wrist watch. "Gotta leave." I said and then it clicked. Dad's coming home today. Oh God!

"What happened?" Chris asked, getting serious.

"Dad's coming home today." Why am I having no control over my mouth today? It's like someone has removed my brain to mouth filter.

He chuckled. "He really must be something, afterall you being afraid of something isn't common."

"You have no idea." I tried to hide my nervousness by talking about something nice. "What about a walk?" I asked.

"You are changing the topic. Why are you scared of your dad?"

"It's just that he thinks of me as a disgrace and honestly, I've done nothing to improve my image. Afterall I don't behave like a 'young lady' should." I tried to make it sound like a joke but it didn't.

"Oh." Was all he said.

"So..... You coming?"

"Sure. I'll just go get the keys." He walked towards the living room. I grabbed my things and walked behind him.

An hour later

".. I know, right? Lucas totally rocked." We've been talking for an entire hour still we are not done.

"Yeah, he's the best guitarist of our school." Chris said and we both chuckled. I don't exactly know where we are, we've come so far.

"Um..do you know where we are? I have never been to this part of the city."

Chris panicked "What!? I thought you'd know where we are walking, how will we find our way back now. Wh..." I put my finger on his lips and shutted his babble.

"We are living in the twenty first century dude. Wait, I'll call my driver." I took out my phone from my bag.

"How will he know where we are?" He asked, folding his hands in front of his chest, something he does very often.

I sighed. "My driver has a tracker device. He knows where I go or where I am." I explained.

He raised his eyebrows. "So..how do you sneak out? Or do the bad girl stuff you do?"

"I have a very good understanding with him." I winked and he shook his head. I clicked on Ralph's name in the contacts and waited for him to pick up. "Hey Ralph." I said once he picked up.