Meeting the Parents

"Wake up Katherine." A manly voice says. I ignore it. The person who is here to wake me up, pulls the curtain and the sunlight falls directly on my face. I groan and dig my head inside the pillow.

The person then snatches the covers from me.

"You haven't even changed yet." It says. Chris!

My eyes flutter open and I sit up instantly. Thankgod I removed my makeup before sleeping or my eyes would have been resembling a panda's eye.

I place my hand on my head. "God you do not just barge into a girl's room."

Chris doesn't say anything. When I remove my hand, I see that his eyes are stuck on my chest. I look down and see that the jumpsuit has drifted a bit downward during my sleep. I blush hard and pull up the jumpsuit a little.

"You go freshen up, I'll wait for you downstairs." He says. Then without taking my approval, he leaves. I sigh as I get off the bed.

Half an hour later

"Finally." Chris says when he sees me coming downstairs.

"So what brings you here?" I say as I jump on the couch beside him.

"My mom and dad wants to meet you. They invited you over for lunch." He says hesitantly.

"Is this a good thing or bad thing? I'm free by the way."

"I don't know. That's the problem, I don't know anything about them and they don't know anything about me. They are just so busy. I bet dad doesn't even know that I am in senior year."

"Let's find out then." I say in an encouraging tone.

He smiles at me. "Sure."

"But first, I need to change. First impression is the last impression." I get up from the couch.

"But you changed just now. And this dress is fine." He whined.

"Nope." I say and dart upstairs.

An hour later, at Chris's house

Chris rings the doorbell while I fiddle with my finger. A thing I do when I'm nervous. He takes my hand in his and gives it a squeeze reassuringly.

Chris's mom opens the door.

"Hello. Evanna right?" She says.

"No, it's Katherine. Katherine Greene." She makes a confused face. "Evanna is my school name. My aunt likes it so I had to fulfil her wish by enrolling with that name. Mom and dad named me Katherine only." I say confidently.

"Oh. Katherine. Come on in." She steps aside and I walk inside the house.

"Thankyou for inviting me over Mrs Black." I say politely.

"Please call me Nidhi dear." She says while leading us to the dining table.

"Nidhi? Never heard such name. It's nice by the way."

"It's an Indian name. My mom and dad were from India. My aunt and uncle still live there. I often go to India to visit them." She explains.

We three sit down on the dining table. "I've heard a lot about India. Tell me how is it there?"

"It's a really colourful country. People there are a bit backward, they do not believe in love marriages but are really kind and helpful." She tells. "Ray, Chris and her girlfriend is here."

Girlfriend. I have still not got used to this term.

A door opens and footsteps comes downstairs. Nidhi's eyes gets fixed on a place and I know he is behind me. I turn my head only to see an older version of Chris. His eyes and jawline is just like Chris's. His build is like an army person's. The rimless glasses add to his intimidatingness.