Professor Potter

"Hey, class! I'm your... um..new teacher." Harry kind of stuttered looking at his class, he looked after Ginny and Hermione. He saw them in the third row to the left. He saw Ginny smiling at him, looking in another direction, he looked over to the right side and saw Draco Malfoy sitting alone at his desk looking longingly at the other students sitting in pairs. He looked as though he just wanted to cry, he had bags under his eyes.

"I thought we might start this lesson with a little test, not to worry though...it's just for me to see, what kind of level this class is on...So it won't be any impossible lessons this year, but they will be challenging since this is your NEWT year." Harry said feeling a bit weird giving out orders about what other students had to do, all though he had done it before in Dumbledore's Army, this time it felt a lot differently... maybe it was because he talked to a bunch of Slytherin's this time as well as many Gryffindor's he didn't know that well or just the fact that it was a lot more official...cause now they had to call him professor.

He handed out the tests and after about half an hour everyone was done. "We still have half an hour left so, I thought we could try disarming each other... Now is there anyone who does not know the disarming spell or can't cast the spell?" No one raised they're hands. "Very well go in pairs and practice on each other, but only disarming!" He told the class.

They all went in pairs and started disarming each other, except for one lonely man, Draco Malfoy. Harry paired up with him, just like they had done in the duelling club in their second year at Hogwarts.
The bell rang..
"Class dismissed!" Harry told them. Everyone ran out of the classroom chatting. He turned his back and picked up the tests he had given them, he turned around expecting to see no one, but instead, he saw Ginny standing in front of him. She walked closer to him and kissed him. They stood there for a long time, when they finally broke apart they hurried down to the Great Hall to eat lunch.
Ginny sat down next to Hermione, while Harry walked over to the teacher's table.
"Harry! M'boy! Great to see you back here at Hogwarts!" Harry looked over his left shoulder and saw Professor Slughorn talking to him. "Good to see you too Professor"
"I thought you were seeking to become an auror, not a professor," Slughorn said with a dumb grimace on his face, which Harry merrily ignored.
"Well, you do everything to be with the people you love..." Harry said taking a sip of his pumpkin juice.
"Yes, yes, of course, you do Ha-" He heard Slughorn reply, but he got cut off by Professor McGonagall who looked like she was to about made a great speech or something.

"I hope you all are enjoying your lunch, but I will just have to say something...very fast. Please welcome our new defence against the dark arts teacher, and head of Gryffindor House, Professor H.J. Potter!"

Everyone except the Slytherin's were clapping, soon after they had finished clapping Harry heard some loud Slytherin's say; "He hasn't even graduated, probably just here because he fought you know who", and then he heard something rather strange; "I think he's a zombie...well he did die though didn't he and then he magically five minutes later was just I don't know alive, and fighting you know who." He laughed a bit at this theory, but then Slughorn started babbling again, but he soon got cut off by Professor McGonagall again, who was sitting on Harry's right side.
"Mr Potter you will have to change the common room password every month and make sure there's not too much partying in the common room." She said looking at him as though she knew, that she had just saved him from a deathly boring conversation with Slughorn. "And please make sure Gryffindor wins the Quidditch Cup this year..." Harry looked at her wondering what he was supposed to do, then she said that Ginny Weasley was Gryffindor captain and that he should try to slip in some tips while talking to her next time.

——

Harry saw Ginny getting up from her seat at the Gryffindor table, he got up too and walked towards her.
"Hey Harry, by the way, thank you for taking the post as DADA teacher so you could hang around me more," She said but whispered the last bit. " Anything for you Gin, but why didn't you tell me that you are the new Gryffindor Quidditch captain??"
"Oh...I guess I just forgot to tell you but now you know!" She said looking the happiest she had ever been.
"Come on Ginny! We have to go to class now or we will be too late! Hermione half yelled.
"Well, see ya, Harry!" Ginny said winking and blowing him a kiss.
Harry pretended to catch the kiss in midair and place it on his lips. Ginny laughed and ran off to her next class.