The Raven and the Lion

Today was the day. Harry could feel his hands were sweaty. What if she said no? What if she said yes? What if he couldn't do it?

Harry tightened his grip on the tiny golden ball, the golden snitch. It was the very first snitch which Ginny had caught. He would ask her after the game in a few hours, everything was planned out until the last detail.

He knew it was right, he just knew it. If anyone asked why he would do what he was about to do, he would answer that it was the only right thing to do.

He was walking down to the Great Hall looking for Ron. Ron had always been very protective towards his little sister so it was only right to ask him first, for his permission, or he would kill him.

He had asked for Ron to meet him by the Great Hall's door so they could talk, of course, Ron had wondered why, but Harry had just told him that it was urgent.

Before him, he could see a tall, freckled, ginger boy by the humongous door. He started walking faster, his grip still tight so he wouldn't lose the precious snitch. 'Hey.' said Ron as Harry approached him. 'Hi.' Harry replied as he took Ron's hand and then they were gone.

They were now standing by the tree they had always been by as Hogwarts students. 'H-How did you do that Harry? I thought you couldn't apparate within Hogwarts.' said Ron looking at his friend, wondering what the bloody hell was going on. 'Well, being me has its privileges.' Harry replied shortly. 'Okay, down to business,' said Harry, searching for others who could be listening to their conversation. 'you know I love Ginny, right?' he said a bit rushed. Ron nodded hesitantly, looking at him with curiosity. 'So I'm asking for your permission to —' Harry was cut off by Ron who had seen where this was going. '— marry her?'

Harry looked at Ron's ginger hair as he did not want to look him in the eyes. 'Yes ... and your answer is?' said Harry, praying to Merlin that Ron would approve. 'Aren't you ... a bit ... young to get married?' said Ron after a while. 'Age is just a number, mate.' Harry replied quickly. 'And you're not marrying her because she's pregnant or something like that, right?' said Ron, eyeing him. 'No, of course not!'

'Okay then,' said Ron as he gave Harry something invisible. 'Huh?' said Harry as the thing was neither existing nor invisible. 'That's my blessing.' said Ron like it was as obvious as the fact that Harry was the boy who lived (twice).

'Thanks, Ron!' said Harry, giving his best mate a big hug.

Everything was sorted out now, Ron approved, Mr and Mrs Weasley approved ... and Hagrid had given Harry rock cakes as something he could give Ginny if she said yes (he had shrunk them and put them together with the ring).

...

'The game is on! Weasley shoots to Hookley, Hookley passes the Quaffle to Gellandín and Gellandín SCORES! No doubt this will be an interesting game. The seekers are flying around the Pitch with no clue whatsoever that the snitch is right in front of THEIR FUCKING EYES! Some idiots —' roared the commentator, Holley Quafflin (a fifth year Hufflepuff), before she was interrupted by McGonagall, 'Quafflin, language!'

'Right, Professor. The seekers have now incredibly lost the snitch, even though it's flying right under the nose of Robinson, the Ravenclaw Seeker. OH! Harolds just shot a bludger at the Gryffindor keeper, MiLoyd! He falls and he falls and hits the ground. This will without a doubt make the game easier for Ravenclaw! Oh, my holy Quaffle! The seekers still haven't found the fucking snitch! It's so obvious where it is! It's sitting on the fucking bludger! Come on —'

McGonagall was now attempting to take the megaphone away from Quafflin but was unsuccessful as Quafflin started running towards the Slytherins with the megaphone.