The lion and the serpent

Harry woke up with a horrible headache, he had been up all night going through tests and homework. He sat up on his bed and started rubbing his forehead. The window was dogged up, typical autumn weather, raw air and a bit cloudy. Today Gryffindor would be playing against Slytherin, he would be able to see Ginny fly again...the first time in two years.

Last time he had seen her in her Quidditch robes, was the day when he had kissed her for the first time, Gryffindor had just won the Quidditch cup and he had back then totally forgotten the fact that about fifty people were standing there watching him while kissing the one and only girl he loved.

Harry got dressed and walked down to the Great Hall. Looking over his shoulder he saw Luna in her Lion hat and Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs wearing either Gryffindor colours or Slytherin colours.

It would be weird, watching Gryffindor play without him...He couldn't describe with words how much he missed the feeling of all your worries leaving you as you kicked off into the sky, feeling the wind on your face...He didn't really miss the bludgers though.

McGonagall didn't look too happy, perhaps it was just the fact that she couldn't choose sides anymore since she no longer was head of Gryffindor house. He sat down next to her and started eating his toast.
When finished he caught sight of Hermione about to leave the Great Hall, he walked over to her, and together they walked over to the Quidditch pitch.

Hermione was about to go over to the other Gryffindors when Harry grabbed her hand and led her towards the teacher's tribunes. Looking very confused she said;
"I don't think students are allowed to sit here Harry."
"Don't worry about that, just sit down" He replied with a smile on his face.

Suddenly he heard Luna Lovegood start commentating ;

"The snitch is released and the game has started. Ginny Weasley got the quaffle, AND SHE SCORES!, Gryffindor leads 10-0, no wait.....20-0. Some player I have no idea what's named got the quaffle, I think she's from Slytherin, OH! THERE SHE GOES OFF HER BROOMSTICK...ARE YOU OK GINNY??... I think that's a bludger who hit her. SHE'S SAVED BY......Draco Malfoy....???turns out he's not so bad after all, then...." she said dreamily as always.

After 20 minutes of watching Quidditch and listening to Luna Lovegood, the game was over. Gryffindor won 310-70. All the Gryffindors, as well as many Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, cheered and applauded the Gryffindors while the Slytherins, as well as many others from other houses, booed. Harry and Hermione ran down towards Ginny, seeing her with happy-tears running down her cheeks.

Ginny ran towards Harry, giving him a kiss..but that didn't last so long as they just heard a voice behind them;
"Ah, young love! You two might even make the front page!"
"I swear, I will tell the whole wizarding world that you're an Animagus if you ever do that! That might make the front page; Rita Skeeter the unregistered Animagus, secrets revealed!" Hermione said as angry as ever before.
"..." was Rita's response as she tried to awkwardly slide away.
"Wait, she's an Animagus?!!!" Ginny said rather shocked. Hermione nodded, Ginny looked so shocked and seemed to be trying to see how that could make any sense...
"Bloody hell! That explains everything!"

After five minutes of waiting for Ginny to finish changing into her normal Gryffindor robes, they headed back to the castle.

——

Harry later walked out the lake, observing the giant squid playing with some branches. Everything was so peaceful, he didn't think of anything, but the silence. He heard some branches crack behind, he looked over his right shoulder and saw no other person than Rita Skeeter.
"Hello! Do you mind me interviewing you Potter, it won't take long!"
Harry couldn't ignore her, she had already seen him looking at her, so there would be no point in doing so.
"Leave me alone."
"Oh..." she said a bit disappointed.

"So, who's the lucky girl you're dating?"

"I said leave me alone"

"Sooooooo....do you loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove her?"
"I said leave me alone!" Knowing Rita Skeeter could turn an answer he decided that it would be better not to answer and leave her by the lake. He turned around and set his right foot forward when he heard some kind of bug flying around him. "I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE SKEETER!" The bug turned around and flew up to a tree.

He started walking up towards the castle, he saw the forbidden forest on one side of him and the lake on the other, he looked up towards the castle and saw the Great Hall's lights still on lighting up a part of the castle. High above him, the stars were shining and the full moon glowing. He took a breath and felt the cold air going through his nostrils.
Harry was now standing in front of the entrance door, he opened it and felt the warmth hit his face like a warm hug. He was walking past a couple of talking portraits while strolling towards his bedroom.

Hope you enjoyed! The title I'm pretty sure was a chapter in the Harry Potter books ... sorry ...
-Astra