The non-beating heart

Harry woke up to a room full of paper hearts and a lot of other valentines decorations. He heard a knock on the door and a fiery-haired girl came in. She was wearing her Gryffindor robes and cloak as though she was heading outside, her hair was in a ponytail. She smiled at him and sat down beside his bed on a chair. "Ummm...Ginny, what are you doing here?" He said rather confused and tired. "It's Valentine's Day, you idiot! And besides it's ten o'clock and we're supposed to go to Hogsmeade...you got ten minutes to get ready and meet me downstairs in the Great Hall, see ya!" With those last words, she left him alone to hurry up and get ready. He put on some robes looking very alike the Gryffindor ones, but of course, without the house colours on it, tried to tame his hair, but his hair refused to lay flat as always, so it stuck up in the air.

——

He opened his door only to find the whole hall covered in valentines decorations; mistletoes were to be found all over the place, hearts were flooding in the air just like the candles in the Great Hall and somehow pink glitter was all over the place some on the walls, some on the floor, some in the air, some of the students walking by, well basically everywhere. As he would be forced to walk by several mistletoes he decided it was best to just apparate behind some curtains (cause being Harry freaking Potter, the boy who killed the freaking Dark Lord had its privileges, duh..)

Harry caught sight of fiery red hair in the line of students waiting with their friends to just get out of the castle. He walked over to her with a smirk on his face.
Last Valentine's Day in Hogsmeade, he and Cho were heading there together...the date ended with her bursting out crying, running away from him. Hopefully this time it wouldn't end as pitiful...Ginny being Ginny probably wouldn't run away from him crying would she? She hasn't done it before....wait she actually had done it once....actually twice kind of, only she hadn't actually run away the second time...The first time was Valentine's Day six years ago, Harry had just been given a card read out loud, Malfoy had said something to her and she ran away crying, the second time, however, was only two years ago (almost), Ron had accidentally walked in on him and Ginny kissing some days before Bill and Fleur's wedding...
"Hey Harry, I got your Valentine's gift." He heard Ginny say as she started searching her pockets, after a while, she managed to find an envelope in pink, on the front it simply said, Harry. She handed him the pink envelope and waited for him to open it.
The envelope was rather heavy, heavier than it looked like. He opened the envelope up carefully. The first thing he managed to get out of the envelope was a card, he read it in confusion and was rather surprised that he would see this card again.

His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,
His hair is as dark as a blackboard.
I wish he was mine, he's really divine,
The hero who conquered the Dark Lord.

"You gave me that card, six years ago??" He asked, in a bit too cheerful way that immediately made her laugh. "It never occurred to your brilliant mind, that it was me? Not even when Malfoy shouted that you didn't seem to like my card that much, and I ran away?" She said trying not to grin " You really are divine," she said in a kind of sarcastic way but it still sounded like she meant it.

"Yeah, I really am divine." He said trying to say it in a proud way, while he was half giggling, at his stupidity. How could he not think it was her, who gave him that card. It was pretty obvious, wasn't it? But back then, Valentine's cards wasn't his main priority, his main priority was the chamber of secrets...But really??? He could have at least tried to see the obviousness in the mysterious card.

The envelope still wasn't empty, there was one remaining thing in it. The remaining thing wasn't a letter, but a necklace....was this supposed to be a joke??? He examined the necklace a bit closer and read two words on the chain; My sweetheart. Only then he realized it was almost identical to Ron's necklace from Lavender Brown two years ago. Harry looked up at Ginny who burst out laughing. Apparently, it was meant as a joke...Only when Ginny was finished laughing, he spoke again.
"I got you something too" He searched his right pocket for the tiny box, but it wasn't there, he then searched the left one it wasn't there either. It was on his desk, he suddenly remembered...how could he be so stupid? One thing! One thing! He was supposed to remember to put in his pocket! But instead, he found his DA coin, some spare parchment, his wand and the mirror Sirius had given him so many years ago. "Just wait a sec," he said and apparated to his office, grabbed the tiny box on his desk and apparated next to Ginny.

He handed her the tiny red box, she opened it and found a silver necklace with the letter G hanging on it. She looked very surprised, but she seemed to like it. " Wow Harry, thanks!" She muttered while struggling to get it around her neck. "Need some help?" He asked after a while. "Yeah, I could need a helping hand right now..." She said and handed the necklace over to him. Harry didn't use a very long time to put it on her, but when he had done so they were already in the front of the line. Filch was standing there waiting for Ginny's paper with the Hogsmeade permission rather impatient. Ginny gave Filch a tiny bit of parchment with some writing on it. Filch nodded and gave the parchment back to her.

Harry looked longingly at the Quidditch pitch while walking with Ginny, he had missed the sensation of flying so much. Last time he wasn't really allowing himself to enjoy it as he was trying not to get burnt by the fire in the room of requirement. "You miss it don't you?" Ginny said looking at him understandingly. He nodded still not taking his eyes off the pitch as they soon had walked by it. "What do you say. You, me, the Quidditch pitch at five?" Ginny said as the pitch now was out of sight. "That's not even a question is it?" He said now looking at her. "I would love to play Quidditch again."

——

Entering the three broomsticks was the best, Harry didn't realize how cold he was before cold met warm, and he felt some kind of fire in his fingers that were both painful and good. After a while, the painfulness had gone and his whole body was warm again.

Harry had gone ordering two Butterbeers while Ginny was gonna find a table for them.
Madam Rosmerta seemed awfully overloaded with work and did not seem to fulfil all of the customers' orders. Harry thought she didn't look very well, either she was ill or just very exhausted.

After a while, Madam Rosmerta looked at Harry waiting for his order rather impatient as she had loads of other customers. " Two Butterbeers please," he said making short eye contact and then started searching the room for Ginny, without any luck.

Madam Rosmerta shoved two butter beers in his direction and started taking new orders from other people. He took one butterbeer in each hand and walked into a crowded area of people.
After five minutes of searching, he finally found Ginny sitting at a table, in a rather deserted area. He walked towards her with both Butterbeers in his hands smiling at her. He placed the two Butterbeers on the table and sat down next to Ginny. The first thing Harry noticed after a while was that sitting with Ginny wasn't any awkward at all it was like the most natural thing in the world, as easy as breathing. They ended up snogging for a while but ended it after a while as Harry could see Ron behind Ginny and he didn't look very pleased(Ron usually came to Hogsmeade when it was the Hogsmeade weekend, so he could be with Hermione.)

——

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH DEATH EATERS!!!" A voice cried out, the sound of it ringing in Harry's ears before he saw the unmistakable death eater mask somewhere in the window. The room was filled with a flash of green light and everything froze, everything was cold, gloomy and depressing.