The Yule ball

"Mr Potter! Mr Potter!" Harry heard someone yell at him while walking down the stairs, he turned around surprised to see Professor McGonagall several meters away from him. In no time Professor McGonagall had reached him. "I must inform you that it will, once more be arranged a Yule ball. You will have to teach your house....well...how to dance. Good luck"
He? teach someone to dance...he couldn't even dance himself...
"And you will have to bring a date, like last time, but we are now arranging this whole ball like a celebration of Voldemort's defeat."
"If we're celebrating his defeat, why is it on Christmas Eve and not on...well....the day he fell?" He said a bit confused and curious.
"Great question, for another time, will you please excuse me?"
Harry watched her walking down the stairs, wondering why the ball was held on Christmas Eve and if he had to learn how to dance before teaching someone else his "talent for dancing".
——
"Hello, Gryffindor's! I am to teach you how to.....errrr......dance, cause on Christmas Eve there will be a...Yule ball to celebrate....the defeat of Lord Voldemort..." he said, nervously looking around at the Gryffindor's watching him with curiosity, and some slightly terrified for him saying Voldemort's name out loud. "Now, Ms Weasley will you please come up here? He said watching Ginny walking away from the place he and Ron had stood when in their fourth year. " I guess you know how to dance? He muttered to her under his breath so only she could hear it. " I guess I'm better than you if what Parvati Patil tells is true," she said almost laughing. "Unfortunately it probably is true I'm horrible..." He heard Filch start the music, and started following Ginny's steps. After a while, Harry had called the rest of them up to find someone to dance with and start practising. "Ummm...Ginny...doyouwannagototheballwithme?" "Sorry, I didn't catch that..."She said, but he thought she knew what it was about. "I were just wondering if you wanted to go to the ball with me.." he said more confident, but still nervous so he started messing up his hair with his right hand just like his father used to. At the thought of this, he stopped immediately, remembering how weird he thought it was when the fifteen-year-old James Potter had done that when he saw him through the pensive. Ginny saw this and started giggling a bit before answering his question; "Of course I wanna go to the ball with you Harry, but please don't step on my toes all the time" Ginny continued to silently giggle and eventually Harry joined in.
The bell rang and Harry felt some kind of relief that he no longer needed to teach anyone how to dance anymore.

——

Harry looked at himself in the mirror, the reflection was himself smiling at himself in his dress robes. In 30 minutes he would meet Ginny and together they would go to the Yule ball....dancing...
He heard a knock and someone walked into his office, Ron.
"Hey..." Ron said behind him smiling goofily, he wore his dress-robes, not the ghastly ones, but some nice ones, they were black and white with a blue bow.
"Hey Ron, how's the joke shop?"
"Ummm...a bit depressing really, George is still not really...well...George...after, you know...Fred..." he said almost just mouthing the last three last words. Ron wasn't really accepting the fact that Fred was dead either, but he wouldn't burst out in tears when anyone mentioned his brother's name. While George seemed to have given up, he would constantly be reminded of Fred every time he looked in the mirror, for him it was like always looking at the Mirror of Erised.
"Shall we meet the girls then?" Ron said after a long silence. Harry nodded in response, and they both started walking towards the Gryffindor common room while catching up with each other.

"Priori incantatem," Harry said, now standing in front of the fat lady ( who had seen better days...her frame was slightly ripped at some places, and the fat lady herself had dirt all over herself.) The fat lady opened the door and they went in to find Ginny waiting on the couch reading the Quibbler, wearing a v-necked, light green dress that reached a few inches below her knees. Around her was many girls struggling to find some accessories to fit their outfits while the boys were just watching them in bewildered looks.

"Hey Ginny, where's Hermione?" Ron said looking a bit disappointed that she wasn't here yet, despite the fact that he and Harry came ten minutes late. "Probably putting on and off her makeup, trying to see what looks the best." She said laughing and stood up walking towards Harry. "Ready to go?"
Ready as possible to be when I'm soon going to dance in front of the whole school..." he said grinning and started walking out of the common room with Ginny.

——
Harry was standing in front of the huge door that led into the Great Hall with Ginny. He looked up at the stairs and saw Ron and Hermione running down to them, Hermione had her hair braided and wore a red dress looking very alike the dress she wore at Fleur and Bill's wedding.
"Mr Potter, Ms Weasley, Mr Weasley and Ms Granger are you ready?" He heard someone say while he was looking the other way. "Errrr....yeah, I guess so" he answered getting slightly more nervous. He turned around to see Professor McGonagall walking towards the door and then opened it.

Music was playing around them while they were walking towards the dance floor. The music stopped and changed into another more danceable kind. Ron and Hermione started dancing and then Harry and Ginny started too. Harry struggling not to step on her feet wasn't nearly as nervous as last time and felt slightly more confident when putting one foot in front of him and one backwards.

After a while, McGonagall and Hagrid joined and many other joined afterwards. "You're a great dancer Ginny," Harry said now looking up at Ginny as he was much more confident in not stepping on her feet. "Thanks, you're getting better yourself"

Harry rolled his eyes and started laughing quietly. Harry caught sight of Ron and Hermione behind Ginny's head, Ron seemed to not wanna dance anymore while Hermione was dragging him back to the dance floor with a slight grin on her face. Harry's green eyes were now meeting Ginny's, her eyes were telling him everything, she looked very happy and seemed to rather enjoy being stepped on, on her feet by Harry. The music changed and Harry heard one of the singers started singing;

And dance your final dance
This is your final chance
To hold the one you love
You know you've waited long enough...

Everyone around them started to dance slower, they slowed down and Harry felt himself stepping on Ginny's s feet again.

And make your final move
Don't be scared, she wants you to
Yeah, it's hard, you must be brave
Don't let this moment slip away...

Ginny leant her head on his shoulder and started muttering the lyrics in silence. Harry was a bit annoyed by her hair though...it kept getting in his mouth.
"Wanna grab something to eat" Ginny whispered when the song was finished. "Sure" he answered without even thinking...he was very hungry but didn't wanna stop dancing with her, even though he sucked.

Harry and Ginny started dancing away from the dance floor and towards the tables, where a slightly annoyed Hermione was sitting with a hungry Ron stuffing his face with chicken. "Are you gonna ask me to dance with you, or what?" Hermione asked Ron still annoyed and didn't take notice of Harry and Ginny sitting down on the chairs in front of them. "Later," Ron said stuffing more chicken in his mouth.

Harry looked at Ginny and they both started quietly laughing. "Send me the salad will you?" Ginny asked Hermione as Ron looked very busy with his chicken. Hermione passed her the chicken and the girls started a conversation about how the ball was so far, Ginny had more positive things to say while Hermione, on the other hand, had some negative things to say about the evening. Ron looked up from his plate of chicken with an annoyed look at Hermione when she said this while Harry was merrily smiling at Ginny, a smile she returned with a grin.

When the ball was over Harry said goodbye to Ron, Hermione and Ginny as he went to his own bedroom. Exhausted after all the dancing he changed to his pj's and fell asleep the moment his head touched his soft pillow.

Hope you liked the chapter! I myself loved writing it and so far it's my longest chapter!
Again ... sorry for stealing a title from the actual books ...
Word count: 1483
-Astra💛🖤