Chapter 10

We were planning all night long

We were planning all night long. I looked at my watch and it said 9:30.

"9:30 already?" I asked. "Time flies."

"We haven't even had dinner! Want to go somewhere?"

"As long as it's not as a date, that would be weird."

"Nah, I don't feel that way towards you anyways," Ash explained, as he got up. "We're the last people here."

"We are?" I asked, looking around the darkened room. "Woah."

"Come on, my tummy's growling!"

"Alright!" I called, as I ran to the door. "Coming slowpoke?"

"Is that a Pokémon pun?" Ash said, as he caught up with me. "Because if it is, I'm an Infernape!" He then ran off to the parking lot.

"Wait up!" I laughed.

"We have to go around the school to get to the restaurant area," Ash explained, as I was about to go towards home.

"Right, silly me," I chuckled, as I turned to the direction Ash was facing.

"So where are we going?" I asked, as we ran into the main area.

"Well, we could go to Fried Fish, or we could go to Burger Burger..."

"I'd rather go to Fried Fish," I chuckled. "I like seafood better."

"Alright," Ash said, and then we ran into the building.

"Table for two?" The host asked.

"Yup!" I answered, and then the host led us to our table.

"Looks like you guys are in a good relationship."

"Um actually we're just uh we're just friends," Ash stumbled out.

"What he said," I chuckled.

"Oh? Sorry, it just looked like that. Sorry again, what drink would you like to start you off?"

"I'll have water," I replied.

"Coke."

"We only have Pepsi is that okay?"

"Can I have Dr. Pepper instead?"

"Sure, one Dr. Pepper and one water coming up," she said, and then she left the table.

"Why does no one have Coke nowadays?" Ash asked.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Honestly, I don't like soda."

"You don't like soda? It's one of my favorites."

"Guess I don't," I chuckled, and then our waiter came back with drinks.

"Hello, I'm Vanessa your waiter for tonight. Do you guys know what you want?"

"Do you?" Ash asked, and I nodded.

"I'll have fried fish," I said.

"I'll have the same thing."

"Alright, two fried fish coming up, would you like french fries with that?"

"Yes please!" Ash and I called at the same time, and then we laughed looking into each other's eyes.

"I'll stop by before it's here when it's almost done," Vanessa said, and then she left.

Ash and I felt a little bit awkward because we didn't know what to talk about, and we were just staring into oblivion.

"Sooooo..." Ash said, trying to start up a conversation.

"Yeah this is pretty awkward for me too, I don't know what to talk about either," I laughed.

"Want to see all of my Pokemon?" Ash asked.

"Sure!"

"Alright, here they are." Ash brought out some Pokemon Cards. "These are my main ones."

"Infernape, Charizard, Torterra, Greninja, Pikachu, Noivern, Talonflame, Lucario, and Sceptile."

"Yup. I showed my mom them and she pronounced Noivern as No-iv-ern instead of Noi-vern. It was super funny," Ash chuckled.

"Oh, my mom makes the same mistake sometimes," I laughed. "I have a Noivern card, but I never use it."

"You never use it?" Ash asked.

"Nope," I giggled. "Oh, here's mine."

I then took out Gardevoir, Jirachi, Delphox, Sylveon, Pangoro, Tyranitar, Gengar, and Ninetails. (NOT ALOLAN)

"Woah, you have some pretty good Pokémon yourself."

"Yeah, too bad we're in separate brackets for the competition though."

"What do you mean? You were the second match so don't we fight next?"

"You didn't know? They separate the brackets by even and odd numbers - if you were an odd number in the first match then you're in the first bracket, and if you're an even number then you're in the second one. I was an even number and you were an odd."

"Oh, okay, that makes sense... I guess," Ash chuckled. "I didn't know they were that complicated. I usually don't look forward to anything in the tournament, I just battle everyone and win."

"Looks like you're looking forward to battling me in the competition then," I smiled.

"You beat my brother, why wouldn't I?"

"That was so good!" Ash called, as we walked outside of the restaurant

"Wasn't it? That's good information for me then," a girl chuckled.

"Misty?" Ash growled.

Sorry for the cliffhanger haha. I'm not positive if this was a good cliffhanger, but okay... I'm trying to get good at them. Hopefully I won't torture you too much.

-Katie387750