Chapter 20

Author's Note..

Hey, carbongameshipping fans! This chapter is ALL carbongameshipping and how Brendan and Calem are doing, with a bit of Ash humor.

It's a filler, you don't have to read it. That's the main reason why I wrote this author's note.

I was getting my dorm ready because Brendan was coming over

I was getting my dorm ready because Brendan was coming over. I was arranging the pillows on the couch when a knock landed on the door, looks like he came early.

I got up, and walked over to the door.

"Brendan you're- oh... hi, Ash!" I immediately changed attitude. "Why are you here? We could've just texted."

"Well, I would've, but you didn't pick up the phone."

"Oh?" I gulped, remembering that I was too busy cleaning up for Brendan to actually pick up my phone because I woke up way too late. "Sorry about that, I was just picking up the house a bit."

"Why?" Ash asked, dense as ever. No duh, brother. I was picking up for my date, and I'm gay, have I told you that?

"Just to pick up. It was way too dirty around here," I lied.

"Oh, that makes sense," Ash smiled. You're so pathetic.

"So, why did you come?" I asked.

"Right! So basically I was wondering if Serena texted you or anything."

"I don't even have her number," I sighed. "I wouldn't interfere with her anymore until she comes back."

"On text," I said. "She's going to stay in that house forever unless I do something. I know her more than anyone in the school."

"Dawn knew her pretty well."

"Let me say that again, anyone in the school."

"But no one's in the school-"

"You know what I mean!" Ash yelled. "I care about Serena, okay?" Looks like someone has a hardcore crush. I knew that when they took their first glance at each other.

"You like her?" I asked.

"Can you read minds?"

"No, it's just super obvious. If you want your girl back, then try not to resolve it over text. She'll be forced to answer face to face. You don't think you'll get someone out of depression by texting her, did you?"

"Uh... I never really thought of that."

"You're a master at emotions, brother. Anyways, you have my opinion now. Don't you need to go plan out how the heck you're going to do that?" I asked.

"Oh, right," Ash chuckled. "See you later, Calem!"

Ash then ran out of my dorm. Weight lifted off of my shoulders when he left, because I didn't have to say that Brendan was my BFF + crush. Being gay was not easy in this world. It was just approved by law that it was allowed a few years back.

I started arranging the pillows again when I opened the door.

"Ash, you came back?" I asked.

"I just remembered that you thought I was Brendan, which means you were cleaning up for him. You're sooo gay. See ya, bro!" Ash guffawed, and ran away as fast as he could.

"ASH KETCHUM!!!!" I screamed. "How dare you!"

"What did he do?" Brendan asked, walking up to my dorm.

"Oh.. uhh... nothing.." I sighed, blushing a little. "Come inside, he won't come back."

"Okay," Brendan smiled, walking inside. "Woah, this is cleaner then most dorms around now. It's the middle of the longest week in college, ever, and you somehow pulled this off."

"Yeah... I mean, you were coming so I thought I'd make a good impression."

"You already are by being here," Brendan chuckled, walking over to the couches. "I'm guessing you were working on these, and Ash screwed them up?"

"Something like that," I giggled.

We then heard the door smack right open.

"I AM THE FIRST OUTCAST TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP!" Ash screamed.

"Oh Arceus," Brendan mumbled.

"Just know that I'm the one who gave your girl your number, so you didn't have to ask yourself!" I shot back. "I knew about your relationship before you even became friends!"

"Pfft," Ash mumbled, and ran out, shutting the door.

"He's so weird," Brendan chuckled. We then kissed each other, and turned on Netflix.

"More people are going to find out eventually," I sighed. "We should just admit it."

"If Ash found out, then anybody can find out. We should probably announce it sometime."

"Maybe after Dawn gets found? As a celebration of our own?" I asked, and Brendan nodded.

"Sounds like a plan to me."