[Izuku Midoriya x Reader] Animal Girl pt. 1

This is one of my own ideas and there will definitely be at least a part two. Perhaps more parts if requested. Enjoy my first one-shot of this book :)

Midoriya was sitting peacefully at his desk in his room, when he heard his mother call him from the other room.

"Izuku! You have a visitor!"

Curious, he wandered out his room to the door. You stood there smiling brightly, "Hey Izu!"

You quickly became friends with Midoriya due to being childhood friends with Ochako. Everyone knew you as the Animal Girl, an old nickname Uraraka had given you. This was of course in reference to your quirk.

You didn't really know what to call it, but you liked it quite a lot. Your quirk allowed you to transform into any animal. Although, your clothing wouldn't transform with you, which created a lot of work when it came to designing your hero costume. However, in addition to this, you could communicate freely with animals, and control them if you desired. You didn't really like doing that, though.

"What are you doing here?" asked Midoriya curiously.

You placed a hand on your heart, feigning hurt, "I thought you'd be happy to see me! I'm one of your best friends after all."

"Oh, of course, you're always welcome. I was just curious that's all!" rambled the green haired boy with a flushed face. Although, he couldn't help a feel slight pain in his heart when you said friends. Of course he hadn't told you about his crush on you, but he did tell Ochako, who wasn't much help. She mostly squealed something about an OTP. Whatever that was...

You snapped your fingers in front of Izuku's face, pulling him out of his trance.

"Ah! S-sorry," he apologised as he rubbed his neck sheepishly.

You giggled, "It's fine. Now..."

You swiftly began running towards his room while yelling, "Sweater stealing time!"

The boy groaned as he chased after you. You had made a habit of stealing his sweaters. You always said they were so warm and big, 'like you drowning in hugs'. Not that Izuku really minded. He liked it when you wore his sweaters, but it was kind of awkward for him because he liked you.

Even though he left right after you started running, by the time Izuku reached his room, you already had one of his hoodies draped over your shoulders as you sat criss-cross on the floor. That was just a reflection of how often you'd done this. You knew exactly where he kept his sweaters.

Midoriya approached you slowly, like one would a wild animal.

"Y/n," he said cautiously, "Give me back the sweater."

Your smile faded into a pout, "No."

Suddenly, Izuku lunged forward in an attempt to grab you, but you somersaulted underneath him, dodging out of the way. After Midoriya managed to regain his balance, the two of you stood, no more than a meter apart, waiting for the other to make the next move. 

"Why'd you have to take my favourite hoodie, y/n!" complained the green haired boy.

You smiled, "Because it smells like you, so it's like you're giving me a hug."

"Much more comforting," you added in a matter-of-factly tone.

With a slight blush visible on his cheeks, Izuku launched himself towards you once more. As you jumped out of the way, you slid on his sweater so it wouldn't fall off in his attempts to capture you. You ran towards the bed with Izuku following closely behind. As you leapt onto the bed, Midoriya had managed to gain enough speed to catch up to you, so he jumped as well. The pair of you landed on the bed with Midoriya lying on top of you, keeping you glued to the bed.

"Nooo," you cried, "I almost got away with it!"

"Sorry y/n, but I'd like my hoodie back now," responded the broccoli headed boy.

You whined, "You're too heavy, Izu."

Izuku was so focused on trying to reclaim his sweater that he didn't realise the position he put the two of you in.

"Ah! Sorry!" he exclaimed as he jumped off of your petite figure.

"AHAHA!" you shouted as you leapt off the bed, "You fool!"

You quickly ran out of the room and out of the house before Izuku even realised what had just occurred. You tricked him. He groaned as he plopped onto his bed.

The worst part was that next day at school, you were wearing his hoodie, which did not go unnoticed by Ochako, who made a very special point of pestering the poor green haired boy about it.