[Izuku Midoriya x Quirkless!Reader] A Banquet for Heroes

It's been 5 years since you and your current boyfriend, Izuku Midoriya, graduated high school. He was now the famous superhero 'Deku' and you were just a quirkless civilian who had befriended him in junior high. The pair of you hadn't actually started dating until your third year of high school due to both of you being shy by nature.

Now, he was invited to a grand banquet for heroes, and naturally he offered for you to be his plus one. However, you were more than hesitant about going.

"I don't know, Izu..." you mumbled, "It'd be a giant room filled with people with such powerful quirks and I, I don't even have one."

You were taken aback when your green haired boyfriend tackled you into a hug, "Don't go thinking you're any less than anyone else just because you don't have a quirk, Y/n. You help people everyday."

He was right. You were a nurse currently training to be doctor.

"Thanks Izu. Now, I need to call Ochako because I'm sure she's going which means she'll want to go dress shopping with me."

He nodded understandingly, slowly separating himself from you.

=========================================================  

A few days later and you were about to step into the banquet hall, your arm linked with your boyfriend's. Upon entering, the pair of you immediately spotted Uraraka and Iida. The brunette excitedly waved you over.

"Hi Ochako, Tenya," you greeted with a smile.

Izuku smiled too, "Hey guys."

"Oh my gosh Y/n! You look amazing in that dress! I told you it would be perfect!" gushed Uraraka.

You giggled, "Thanks, Ochako. You look stunning as well."

"Speaking of, why don't we go take your dress for a spin?" asked Midoriya as he gestured to the dance floor.

You nodded and waved to Uraraka and Iida as you followed your boyfriend.

After many hours of dancing, you and Izuku had decided to take a break and take a stroll through the gardens.

With a content sigh, you sat down on one of the stone benches, your boyfriend taking the spot beside you. You closed your eyes and leaned your head on his shoulder.

"Thank you, Izu."

"For what?" he asked.

"For convincing me to come. I've really enjoyed myself."

He smiled as gave your head a few strokes. You felt him shift underneath you and opened your eyes, to see him slinking off the bench and to one knee. 

His hands fiddled with something behind his back as he spoke, "Y/n, we've been dating for a long time now, and well, I really want you stay by my side forever so..."

He trailed off as he pulled a box out from behind his back and opened it, revealing a simple yet classy ring.

You gasped, "Izu..."

"Y/n L/n, will you m-marry me?"

You squealed as you tackled the green haired boy in a bear hug, nearly knocking the box out of his hand in the process.

"I t-take that as a yes?" he questioned from underneath you.

You sat up so you were on his lap and nodded furiously.

Chuckling lightly, he slipped the ring onto your finger. You got off him and helped him dust any dirt off his tux before walking back inside the hall. As the pair of you walked closer to Ochako and Tenya, your brunette friend let out a loud squeal,

"OH MY GOD Y/N IS THAT A RING ON YOUR FINGER!?"

A/n: short but sweet

!alienwisp!