[Izuku Midoriya x Quirkless!Reader] Hero pt. 1

"I knew I should have worn a warmer jacket," you muttered to yourself as you walked through the crisp night air. It was a brisk night and you couldn't sleep, so you decided to go for a late night walk. You were indeed quirkless, so it probably wasn't the best idea, and you later realised why.

You were walking, when suddenly you were pulled into a headlock, a hand over your mouth. You quickly noticed the police officers gathered in front of you, and you were being held back by the infamous villain, Copy Cat.

"You'll be the perfect shield," he decided, "A poor, defenceless, quirkless girl."

In a fit of anger, you suddenly bit his hand, causing him to retreat in pain.

"BITCH!" the villain shouted as he went in for a punch.

You quickly dodged and gave him an uppercut. Just because you're quirkless doesn't you're defenceless. You would never be able to be a hero like you originally wanted to be, but at least you could save yourself. The villain quickly recovered and then attacked you with a light blast. You screeched in pain as you fell forward. The villain snatched you up again, using you as a shield.

"No one move or I'll explode her head!" he yelled angrily.

Slowly, he began backing away, when a gust of wind stopped him in his tracks. A light impact was felt and next thing you saw was Copy Cat on the ground and you in someone's arms. You instantly recognised the white gloves and turquoise sleeves.

"Deku?!" you gasped. You couldn't believe you were just saved by the #1 hero.

He gently placed you back on the ground as the police handcuffed Copy Cat.

"Thank you!" you exclaimed.

He gave you a small, humble smile, "It is my job."

You giggled, "I suppose it is."

"You handled yourself very well," he complimented, "What you did was a very brave. I'm sorry I couldn't be here sooner."

You gave him a reassuring smile, "It's alright. I made sure to learn basic self defence as a kid, but I'm definitely not brave like you; I'm still shaking."

His smile suddenly faded to look a of worry, "Oh yeah! Are you all right? You did get hit with a blast, right?"

He continued to ramble frantically, which you actually found quite endearing.

"Don't worry yourself over me," you insisted.

He continued, "How can I not worry? I mean you could have seriously gotten hurt and you're so pretty too-"

As soon as he realised what he said, he quickly covered his mouth with his hands. A light blush tinted your cheeks as his entire head flared a deep crimson.

"Y-you think I-I'm pretty?" you asked hesitantly.

"Uh-" he was interrupted by a police officer calling him over.

You quickly whipped out a pen, took off his glove, and wrote your number on his hand.

"You're really sweet. Call me sometime. Oh, and my name's Y/n, by the way," you gave him one last smile before walking away, heading back home.

Extended Ending

Just as you were about to enter your apartment the morning, returning from your daily jog, a buzz from your phone notified you of a new text message. You finished unlocking your door, stepped into your home, and pulled your phone from your pocket.

~Unknown~

Hello? Is this Y/n?

You unlocked your phone and replied, smiling to yourself.

Y/N: Indeed it is I, the great quirkless Y/n L/n.

Ah, I'm glad. I thought I've read your number wrong :???

Oh! It's Deku by the way :???

Or um, you could call me by my actual name, I guess. Izuku Midoriya :???

Y/N: Well, Izu (I can call you Izu right?) How would you like to go to a park?

Sure! To both Izu and the park : Izu

Y/N: Great! Meet me at [local park] in an hour

See you then :) :Izu