[Hitoshi Shinsou x Reader] Songfic: Blow Your Mind/New Rules

There is a singular swear word in this, one (1). I warneth thee.

Quirk: Your quirks are mind reading and mind link. Mind reading is obviously just, you know, reading minds. You don't always hear the thoughts of others, but you usually like to keep it active. However, this can sometimes give you headaches, as it's like having people talking constantly. Mind link allows you to convey and transmit something to another person's mind. It can be anything from thoughts to images to memories. Sometimes, this happens unwillingly if you're feeling rather emotional and aren't in good control of your quirks.

You and Hitoshi both originally started in the general studies course at UA before being transferred into the hero course later on. You've both graduated, and you were both pro heroes working at the same agency. You'd been best friends throughout your years at UA, so you were happy to be now working with him. Some people wondered how two could be friends, as you're often seen bickering with each other, but that was part of your friendship. Although, you did wish you could be more than friends. Unbeknown to you, many people were shocked that you two weren't a couple yet. Some of your banter, could get a little flirty. Anyway...

The pair of you were relaxing in the living room of your apartment, splitting a bottle of wine, you know, like civilised adults do. You were chatting casually, and somehow that led into a heated debate. Eventually, when silence upon the room, you asked,

"Hey, Hitoshi? Do you like me?"

I know it's hot
I know we've got
Something that money can't buy ...

The purple haired male rolled his eyes, "Have all of our arguments caught up to you? Geez, I keep you around, so obviously I like you."

A smirk pulled at the corner of your lips as you took another sip of wine. You placed the glass on your coffee table before crawling just a little bit closer to him on the couch.

"I mean in a romantic way," you clarified.

He crossed his arms and looked away as a light blush bloomed on his cheeks.

"Don't be ridiculous, what's there to like?" he scoffed.

You rolled your eyes, the smirk still present on your lips as you replied, "Oh please, you're the one being ridiculous. Stop denying it."

He huffed, placing his wine glass down on the table, the blush ever-present on his cheeks,"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't like anything about you, not the way you walk, talk, anything."

"If you don't like the way I talk, then why am I am I on your mind? If you don't like the way I rock, then finish your glass of wine. We fight and we argue, you'll still love me blind. If we don't fuck this whole thing up, guaranteed, I can blow your mind."

You ended your remark by blowing him a kiss.

Mwah

Staring at you with furrowed eyebrows for a moment, he swiftly snatched his wine glass and finished the remaining liquor. He then strutted towards the door of your apartment. Naturally, you rose from the sofa and followed.

Open the door
You want some more
When you wanna leave, let me know 

"I'll see you at work tomorrow, then," you said casually as you opened the door.

He stepped out but before you could close it, he responded, "I don't know how I feel."

"Goodnight, Hitoshi," you replied before closing the door.

You released as heavy sigh before plopping yourself back down onto your couch.

"That was so stupid! I mean, I know, he likes me. He thinks about me all the time; way past the normal amount for being just friends. I should have just waited for him to figure out his own stupid feelings."