[Adult!Shouto Todoroki x Adult!Reader] Friends with Benefits

A/N: CALM DOWN. SIMMER. Just because the title says Friends with Benefits, doesn't mean it's a LEMOn. There are mentions of. the stuff. in here sO. Lime?? ALSO. WArning! There will be swearing.

You were sprawled lazily on your couch with the lights off, and a nice scented candle burning. You had the day off of work, unless a major situation needed your assistance. Being a hero was great and all, but it could definitely be exhausting. So it was sometime late in the night and you were flipping through some photo albums you had compiled of your time at U.A.

With another sip of tea/coffee, you turned a page, almost dropping your mug when you saw the contents. They were photos from when you and Todoroki had went on your first date, right before exams in first year. They were just photos you managed to take while walking in a park. The first was one he didn't notice of you. He wasn't looking at the camera, obviously, and he looked so peaceful. The next one he was looking at the camera, a very shocked expression on his face, and the last one was a little blurry as it was him trying to stop you from taking anymore photos of him.

You chuckled as you remembered that day. You were so happy back then. How'd it ever come to an end? Your smile faded as you remembered that day. You were both in your third year at UA. You flipped through a few more pages when you found the photo. It was a photo of the last date you two had ever gone on. It was ripped in two, but haphazardly taped back together. It was a simple photo of you two smiling, his arm draped over your shoulder and one of your arms unseen as it was holding the camera. After that photo there were no more of you two together. In fact, none of him at all.

Your breakup was... ugly, to say the least.

You saw another girl flirting with him. He wasn't flirting back, but he wasn't stopping her either. This resulted in you storming into homeroom that day, looking angrier than Bakugou on his worst days, and the whole class awkwardly shuffling out of the room as you and Todoroki had a screaming match.

You felt something wet on your cheek, and when you put a hand on your face, you realised it was a tear. You let out a dry laugh before wiping it away. You hadn't realised how stupid you were to break it off over such a silly little thing. In hindsight, you knew it wasn't worth breaking up over, but at the time it felt like such a betrayal. In the end, you were both to blame.

A sudden knock on your door caused you to jump from your comfortable position on the couch, dropping the album in the process. 

'Who would be at my house this late?' you wondered as you cautiously approached the door. You had noted it started raining, probably your fault.

Your quirk was manipulation of the weather. However, if your emotions got out of hand, it would usually involuntarily cause the weather to match your mood. Hence the reason you were usually pretty controlled with your feelings.

You carefully unlocked your front door, pausing before opening it. You noticed you were just in pyjama shorts, a tank top and socks, but shrugged before creaking the door opened. You squinted to see who it was and your eyes widened when your realised who was standing on your porch.

"Todoroki?" you called, just to make sure you weren't mistaken. Although, how many people have red and white hair?

"Yeah," he replied. You mentally cursed the universe for making him get even more attractive as a young adult. You were silent for a few moments before realising he was drenched, the rain soaking him.

"What are you doing here? In the rain, no less. I mean, I haven't seen you since we graduated from UA a couple years ago," you asked.

Suddenly, he stepped forward, pulling you into a kiss. You quickly searched for any taste of alcohol, but there wasn't any, meaning he was probably completely sober.

Eventually, you separated, both of you needing to breathe. You felt his heavy breaths as his forehead rested against yours and your hands pressed firmly against his chest. One of his hands wrapped around your waist and his other holding your jaw.

Looking directly into his eyes you whispered, "You should go... I-I know where this would lead..."

You paused for a moment before making your decision, "Oh fuck it."

You jumped up, wrapping your legs around his soaking torso, simultaneously pulling him into another kiss. He stepped into your house, his hand now occupied with holding you up, kicked the door shut behind him.

In between kisses, he whispered, "You mean fuck you."

He directed you to your couch and...

=========================================================

The next morning (even though it was technically an A.M. time when you fell asleep) when you woke up, you were surprised to find Todoroki sitting (shirtless) on the other end of the couch flipping through the photo album you were looking through just last night.

"I can't believe you kept all these," he stated, a hint of sorrow in his voice, his eyes not leaving the pages of photographs. You adored photography so you were the one who had all of the photos in the relationship. He continued, "Although I can't talk; I still have the ones you took on my phone."

You sat up, draping a blanket over yourself in the process. After all, you were only in your undergarments. The half and half boy turned the page and you noticed it was the one with the torn photograph.

He let out a sad chuckle as he saw it, "I don't blame you for that, but why try to fix it?"

You shifted awkwardly, as his gaze had been lifted from the picture to you.

"It was a good photo. The exposure was just right," you lied; it was because you missed him.

You noticed the corners of his mouth twitch down slightly as he returned his gaze to the pages. About a minute of silence later, he closed the album and addressed the awkward tension that was in the air.

"I'm sorry."

You sighed, "It wasn't completely your fault. I had a part in it, too."

"I know but-"

You interrupted him as you rose from the couch, "Don't bother apologising, Shouto. Let's just forget about it and be done with it."

He could tell you were talking about more than just your break up from two years ago. You were talking about last night too.

"I don't want to forget," he said finally.

You released a heavy sigh as you flopped down into an armchair, "Me neither, but I'm not ready. I'm not ready to be in a relationship with you again."

The pair of you sat in silence before you stood up, leaving the blanket behind on the chair. You sat on his lap, straddling him, and pushed him back so he was leaning against the back of the couch. You leaned forward, your hands on either side of his head.

"So I have a proposition," you continued,

"Friends with benefits."

=========================================================  

A/N: Part two???

also this was so hard to write. it made me so uncomfortable at times but at then other times I was like aw what a precious.

!alienwisp!