[Hitoshi Shinsou x shy!Reader] Kitten Caretakers

A oneshot for this precious lil boi

The school bell rang, indicating the end of the day. Hitoshi dragged himself to his locker before exiting the grand UA building. On his way home, he took the same detour he'd been taking for weeks. Everyday after school, he'd take an extra turn on his way home so he could feed a stray kitten.

As he was about to turn the corner, he heard an unfamiliar feminine voice.

"Aw, you poor thing. Who would ever leave you hear, huh? Oh? You have a friend?"

Confused, Hitoshi walked around the corner to see a(n) h/c haired girl petting the kitten he'd usual care for.

Seeing as your back was facing him, he spoke dully, "Her name is Kuro."

Immediately, the girl stood up and whipped around to face him.

"S-sorry! I d-didn't know she was your kitten, I was just-"

"She's not mine," interrupted Shinsou as he took the kitten from the girl's arms, "I found her here a few weeks ago and have been looking after her."

"Aw, t-that's sweet, but- Ah n-nevermind," she cut herself off, not wanting to sound rude.

"What?"

The girl shifted awkwardly before answering quietly, "It's just that I think she liked me holding her better..."

"And how would you know that?" questioned Hitoshi defensively, "I've been the one taking care of her."

"It's not that she doesn't like you!" she exclaimed quickly, "It's just, well, I know this because it's my quirk. I can t-talk to animals. Isn't that right?"

The little black kitten meowed in response.

"See?" she finished.

"Oh, I see," said Hitoshi as he placed the kitten on the ground, allowing it to run back to the h/c haired girl.

She noticed his sombre expression and added, "Kuro still likes you quite a lot. I'll be taking her back to my house so I can give her full care, but you can come visit if you'd like."

Hitoshi looked her in the eyes before nodding.

"Well, c-come on," she smiled, "My n-name's Y/n L/n. It's nice to meet you. You're name's Hitoshi Shinsou, right?"

Shocked, the purple haired boy stopped walking and stared at the girl.

"D-don't look at me like that," she said, "I s-saw you in the UA Sports Festival. I think your quirk's really cool."

"Really? You aren't afraid I'll try to control you?" he asked.

You shook your head, a smile present on your lips, "Especially n-now that I know you're a softie for c-cats."

Avoiding her gaze, he continued to follow her to her house. As you approached your apartment building, a fierce looking red-headed woman punched Shinsou in the gut.

"What are you doing with Y/n?!"

"Iza!" Y/n cried, "D-don't do that! He's my friend!"

"Ah, I see. Sorry dear," she apologised, "My name is Iza Tanaka. I'm dear Y/n's neighbour."

The feisty woman turned to face Y/n, "I'll be by in a few to bring you some supper, okay dear?"

"Y-you don't have to do that-"

"Nonsense! It's the least I can for you while your mother's in the hospital."

The h/c haired girl's face flushed, embarrassed that Hitoshi found out about her mother in such an odd way. The purple haired boy quirked his eyebrow at the girl before she turned on her heel, continuing into the apartment building. With a slight chuckle and shaking of the head, Shinsou followed her in.

"I'm s-sorry about Iza," Y/n had finally said as she set Kuro down in her apartment, "She c-can be very p-protective. Are y-you alright?"

Shinsou nodded stiffly, but she could tell he was sore. The h/c haired girl walked into the kitchen and returned moments later with an ice pack. She grabbed Hitoshi's hand and pulled him so he was sitting on the couch. She leaned forward pressing the ice pack gently against his abdomen through his white shirt.

"I didn't mean to interrupt anything~" said a familiar voice.

"Iza!" squeaked Y/n.

She chuckled, placing some food on the kitchen counter. Before exiting the apartment she mouth 'good luck' and gave Y/n a wink and a thumbs up.

While burying her flushed face in her hands, Y/n apologised, "I'm s-sorry about her. She k-keeps wanting me to get a b-boyfriend and tends to be q-quite embarrassing about it."

Unknown to the h/c haired girl, a light dusting of pink coated Hitoshi's cheeks. He would lying if he said he didn't find her pretty.

"It's fine," he said finally, "Let's just take care of Kuro."

"R-right!" agreed Y/n as she removed her hands from her face, "Kitten Caretakers!"

=========================================================  

It had been a few months since you and Hitoshi had met, and the pair of you had become rather good friends. It was a peaceful Saturday and you were spending the day lounging around with Kuro. It was sometime mid-afternoon when there was a knock on your door. You just assumed it would be Iza since she liked to show up unannounced, but you regretted thinking that when you saw you it was.

After opening the door, you saw Shinsou standing there. Immediately, your cheeks flushed; You were only wearing an oversized t-shirt (which fit you like a dress), your undergarments and some ankle socks. You noticed your friend's gaze look you up and down before his cheeks flushed lightly.

"I'm guessing you didn't get my text," he stated in his usual dull tone.

You nodded, "You c-can come in. Just, um, let me go get changed."

You quickly ran into your bedroom pulling on a pair of jeans, tucking the oversized shirt into the denim pants. You exited your bedroom to find Hitoshi already on the couch, petting Kuro.

You smiled at the sight, "You know, Kuro misses you when you aren't here. She always t-thinks of you like a f-father."

You noticed him shift slightly awkwardly but chose to ignore it. As you sat beside him on the couch, the little black kitten crawled over to you and sat on your lap. She looked you in the eye and meowed.

Immediately, your cheeks flushed at the little cat's comment. Shinsou seemed to notice this and asked, "What'd she say?"

"O-oh, nothing, hehe..."

"What did she say Y/n?"

Your cheeks grew even redder as you answered, "S-she said that while I was ch-changing you t-told her you wanted me to s-stay like th-that."

Shinsou's cheeked flushed and he quickly picked up the little kitten, carrying her into your bedroom and closing the door, leaving the kitten trapped. As he reentered the living space of the apartment, he held his forehead with a hand, simultaneously shielding his eyes from your gaze and leaned against the wall.

Hesitantly, you stood up from the couch and walked over to the purple haired boy. Your delicate hands took his larger one and removed it from his forehead. He rotated his head, so his gaze wouldn't meet yours.

"H-Hitoshi," you whispered softly.

He move head so he was looking back at you, but the hesitation was obvious. So, in a heat of the moment decision, you cupped his cheeks with your hands and pulled him into a gentle kiss. Although shocked at first, Shinsou wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Finally!" you heard someone exclaim from behind you, "My favourite kitten caretakers are official!"

You turned around quickly, already knowing who it was.

With a flushed face buried in your hands, you groaned, "Why, Iza!"

With an equally flushed face, Hitoshi re-wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you closer to his chest, his chin resting on the top of your head.