[Eijirou Kirishima x Reader] Rants

Quirk: Your quirk is called Balance. It allows you to manipulate proportions. Therefore you can manipulate gravity (changing the proportion of gravity applied to an object/person), the circulation of blood in someone's body (the proportion of blood flowing per second), etc etc. However, since your quirk is all about balance, your drawback causes you to go on about social justice and political topics. Your classmates usually find your rants both enlightening and hilarious, so they enjoy staying around you when you've overused your quirk.

You were just finishing up the last class of the day, which was a quirk training class. You had really tried to push your limits, and ended up over using your quirk. Several of your classmates stayed near you as you began to rant about world hunger on your way back to the dorms.

As your group reached the dormitories, they sat in various chairs as you paced back and forth, continuing your rant. Eventually, your rant about starvation died down and you went silent for a moment. Your eyes swept around the room, eventually landing on your crush, Kirishima. This sparked a new topic in you. One that surprised many of your classmates.

"Why are crushes such a big deal?" you questioned, "Like why can't you just walk up to the person you like and be like 'Hey, I think you're attractive and have a great personality. Date me' ya' know?"

As you continued spouting on like this, the class desperately tried to hold back their laughter, finding what she was saying bizarre, hilarious, and all the while somewhat valid. However, they were all quickly silenced when you stood up and leaned on Eijirou, your arm on his shoulder.

"Why can't I just approach Kirishima and say 'Hey I like you in a romantic way' and have it not be awkward and be worried about it ruining our friendship?"

The redhead's cheeks immediately exploded in a colour of crimson matching his hair.

"Alright Y/n, I think you need to go have a nap and rest up. Now." Kirishima said as he dragged you to your dorm room.

"What? I'm not that tired-"

"You need to sleep."

"Ugh, fiiine."

When the pair of you reached your room he opened the door before lightly pushing you inside, and shutting the door with a sigh.

========================================================= 

That evening, it was your turn to cook supper, so when you woke up from your nap, you groggily walked into the kitchen and began preparing a relatively simple meal.

You didn't notice Kirishima enter the commons area before entering the kitchen saying, "Something smells tasty- Oh, Y/n! W-what are you doing? Y-you should be resting."

You turned to face the red haired boy to see his cheeks lightly flushed.

You chuckled, "I'm fine. I just hope I didn't do anything too crazy while in my ranting daze."

"Hehe, yeah..."

"But speaking of resting, you look really flushed. Do you have a fever? Maybe you should get some rest."

"I'm fine!" he exclaimed quickly, "Do you want me to tell everyone food's almost ready?"

"Sure, I guess, but-" before you could even finish your sentence, he was already out of the kitchen.

You frowned slightly, "Weird, I wonder if I did something to offend him..."

========================================================= 

As everyone sat around the table, eating, Mina eventually spoke, "Sooo, Y/n? You and Kirishima, huh?"

This vague statement caused the red haired boy to choke on his food, spitting it out onto his plate. You quirked an eyebrow at his bizarre reaction before turning to your pink haired friend.

"What do you mean, Mina?"

"You mean, you don't rememeber?!"

"If you're talking about something I ranted about while under the side effects of my quirk, then no. I do not remember," you replied. 

Noticing the pitiful stares of your classmates, you stood up from your chair and waved your arms above your head.

"Oh for goodness' sake! Would someone please tell me what happened?! First Kirishima's acting all evasive, and now you're all looking at me with pity! What did I do?!"

Mina piped up, "You went on a rant about crushes and ended up very casually mentioning you have a crush a Kirishima!"

With wide eyes and flushed cheeks, your gaze immediately snapped from Mina to Eijirou. He rubbed the back of his neck as he laughed awkwardly. You silently looked around the room before picking up your plate and walking into the kitchen.

You didn't know why, but tears pricked your eyes, threatening to fall as you cleaned off your plate. You were about to rush out of the kitchen to your dorm, when you bumped into someone in the doorway. Thankfully, they grabbed your wrist and waist, preventing you from falling backwards.

"Y/n? Are you okay?"

It was Kirishima. Of course it was. After all he was still your best friend.

You nodded slightly, "J-just a little embarrassed that's all."

There was a moment of silence before the red headed boy replied with a smile, "Well, like you said, even though you don't remember, 'Why are crushes such a big deal?'"

You let out a light laugh but went quiet when Kirishima leaned his face closer to yours.

"Why can't I just walk up to you and say I think you're attractive and have a great personality," he continued, paraphrasing your earlier rant.

A blush crept across your cheeks. Eijirou continued to lean closer, his one hand moving from your wrist to your cheek. Just as his forehead touched yours, he whispered, "Uh, Y/n, can I kiss you? Because it would be totally unmanly to kiss someone without their consent and-"

You cut him off by quickly closing the gap, pressing your lips to his, while snaking your arms around his neck.