Chapter 2

The very next day, of the freshers' day party, few revelers remembered Tanvi's task and made fun. Arjun had been right ignoring these people proved fruitful. Very successfully, she could curtail their dirty talk. 

It was now a few weeks since the eventful party. Tanvi and Sia found a routine and were following it through. Classes, assignments, tests, debates and various clubs' activities, which they were members of, kept them fully occupied. Laughing black eyes made way, occasionally, into Tanvi's dreams. His features faded, however, she remembered those eyes which quickened her heartbeat.

They had a rare half a day spare. With wandering thoughts she looked out of her dorm window towards the clear blue sky and thought why was the sky blue? She recollected the answer from her high school physics class, about wavelengths of light getting scattered by oxygen and hydrogen molecules. 

She was still wondering about her random thoughts as she went back to the assignment in her lap, just then, someone flickered in her line of vision. She couldn't believe it. She gasped loud enough for Sia to lookup, who was working on the Chemistry assignment. 

"Tanu!?! What happened?"

Tanvi was dumbfounded to reply so she tilted her head in that direction. 

"What the fuck! How the hell is he here?"

 "You remember him? I'm not sure Si, I don't know," Tanvi faltered. 

"Of course, I remember him and his friend. Both are hot. Why didn't you tell me you were in touch with him? How did he know our dorm? It's been nearly three weeks now." 

"I didn't tell you because I never met him and I don't know how he knows," she replied in exasperation. 

Arjun waved his hand and motioned her to come out. There was no point in ignoring him. Tanvi looked at Sia and subtly invited her to join, Sia shrugged and got back to her assignment.

"You know you'll pay for this? Are you not at least curious why he is here?" 

"I'm sure you are a very capable person and can take care of yourself, now please go and let me be. I'm positive you'll tell me, once you get back. I think he wants you rather alone!"

Tanvi glowered at her and made her way to the door.

"Tanu I wonder if all this glowering is to hide your excitement in seeing him. Have a great time," she said to her back. 

Tanvi closed the door with a bang to make her annoyance obvious, and heard her friend scoff. Sia was right, she was part excited to see him and part curious and part anxious. Anxious? Interesting feeling. 

She was never anxious of anything, about her grades perhaps. Arjun, however, brought out that feeling in her. They met, briefly, the other night and it drove her to want to meet him again but she was not sure how to initiate it. 

She thought his features had faded and could remember only his eyes. She was wrong, she could recall every plane and curve of him, in detail. Then he smiled, the same warmness engulfed her and all anxiety melted away. 

She schooled her features, gave him a blank look and was secretly happy with the result. He sobered up but his eyes danced in merriment. She was not sure why he was so happy. 

"Hi Tanvi! I know you remember me because you are here."

His opening greeting infuriated her and she glowered at him. It just added to his amusement. 

"What do you want? And your name ...? Arun? Armaan? no... Arjun? right?" 

"That's a good start. I just wanted you to remember me. Wow! You even remember my name," his words dripped with sarcasm as he quirked his brow.