Chapter 33

A/N

*******************WARNING*************************************

This chapter has explicit sexual content and please read at your own discretion. Consider yourselves duly warned. 

*****************************************************************

Abhi took Tanvi home. She did tell him she would be with him only for the weekend. He was disappointed but agreed cheerfully and thought he would somehow convince her to stay. 

As Tanvi was adding finishing touches to dinner, Abhi came out of the study to give her his phone. She was startled but quickly recovered when he mouthed the words "your dad". She understood and gave him a nervous smile. He gave her a lopsided grin and went away. 

"Hi Nanna"

"Tanvi! I hope you know what you are doing."

Tanvi did not expect this kind of any opening. She grew more nervous and her hands grew sweaty. All kinds of ideas bombarded in her mind. What if her dad did not approve of him? Or what if he wanted Tanvi to settle for someone else? Abhi understood her love for Arjun and what she had been through yet looked out for her and that was strong reason for her to accept him.

 "Yes nanna. I like him a lot and respect him. At the same time, I want both amma and your approval and blessings." 

"Hmm hmm. I did not hear the word love here. Professionally I had chance to work with Abhishek and I must say I'm impressed. But your business with Arjun and the way you locked yourself within you kept us worried for sometime. Are you sure about Arjun, Tanvi? If you still need time to come to terms about him, please don't go through this. There is no pressure from me and your mother. Abhishek is a good person and without proper commitment from you there is a chance he could be hurt AND you shouldn't regret this decision either. At the same time, I would prefer you to be with someone like Abhishek rather than wallowing in self-pity."

Her fears were waylaid. She wanted to confide in him.Tanvi's dad was a solid support till Arjun had come into her life. Yet she always knew he was there for her. 

"I'm really clueless here nanna. I like him,respect him and trust him but I don't love him as he deserves. It made him really happy when I accepted and I'm glad about that. He loves me, perhaps I'll grow to love him eventually and I've told him that. Do you think no love could be a hindrance for a strong relationship? "

"Well, that is for you both to sort out. Good that you were open to him. Communication is important in any relationship. I'm not in your shoes to know what you are going through. Trust and respect are foundations of strong relationships too. Earlier and even now some of them do get married the old-fashioned way, arranged marriage. They seem to be doing fine; I've seen them falling in love later or just living amicably. I've seen a lot of couples who were in love, who then got married, go through divorce too. It all depends on the individual and the kind of commitment one has for each other. If you trust him then go ahead."

"Yes, I do trust him nanna. But I'm not sure how much because I could not trust him with my heart."

"You'll eventually Tanvi. Just don't hurt yourself and him in all this."

"Thanks nanna. I'll talk to amma later. Please don't share it with her. I want to hear of her reaction first hand. "

"Sure, my girl, take care. Once we settle all this I'll talk to Abhishek's mother." 

Tanvi finished her call and then called out Abhi for dinner. He watched her eat her food in silence and in distraction. Mr Rao had spoken to him at length and asked if he coerced her into accepting him. He denied all that but he feared that Tanvi's dad had convinced her from turning her back on his proposal.