Chapter 42

The weekend proved to be hectic with all the discussions about the wedding and other stuff. Abhi put down his foot and so did Tanvi about the guest list for the wedding. Finally, it was agreed upon to invite a hundred and twenty people from a whopping thousand plus relatives and friends.

Free reign was given to their parents, to invite all the other guests for a grand reception in Hyderabad, following the wedding. It would be an out and out South Indian Telugu wedding.

The venue was yet to be decided. Arundathi very much insisted that it should be held at one of her palace hotels in Goa. But Tanvi's parents were very strong to name their ancestral home located in the interiors of Andhra Pradesh, reminding her that the groom had to come all the way to the bride's place and get married.

Abhi looked at Tanvi for her choice. She gave a heart melting I-don't-mind-as-long-as-it's-you look. He silently chuckled and decided to let it go.

Tanvi was leaning against a window and looking out while their parents still debated about the venue. Abhi leaned against the opposite sill and gazed at her profile.

She was stunning in a parrot green, soft silk saree with gold emblishments and simple gold blouse. She was someone who looked effortlessly comfortable in all kinds of clothing. She looked sideways and smiled. He was lost for a moment there and could never, ever get over her.

"So which location you like Abhi? Goa or Konaseema?"

"Neither... Just registered marriage right now. You look very beautiful."

"You don't look bad yourself."

"Every minute they argue I just want to drag you and get married right now."

She gave him an exasperated look but smiled eventually.

"That's it, I'm going to propose our new plans," he moved away from the window, took her hand and drew her to the couches.

"Mother?"

Arundathi looked up and them at their joined hands.

"Yes Abhishek?"

"You know, I thought by the time you decide on the venue, we can as well get married right away at the registerar office?"

There was pin-drop silence. Tanvi held her breath to keep from laughing at their expressions. Mr Rao then gave a bark of laughter and shook his head.

"I guess he is right Mrs Arundathi, I think this discussion is so futile. It's your choice madam. Let us know whichever place it is and we'll go ahead with that."

"But Jagdeesh, it's our custom," Radhika tried to interrupt.

Tanvi then spoke making a decision for all. "We'll get married in Hyderabad. All our relatives and friends are majorly based out of this place. So it saves a lot on logistics."

She quickly shook her head and added, "Ok I understand, it's not about expense but about managing everything. Ok i know we could hire a battery of event planners, but I think Hyderabad would be a good option. We've been here for so long, we are used to the place and things here."

She continued taking in their silence as an okay, "Any hotel or a resort in and around the city would be preferable."

She looked at Arundathi and added, "Attayyagaaru(Mother-in-law in telugu) that's your choice," and then she sat next to her mom, "I would like to depart from our home in Padmarao Nagar amma. It's much more fitting that way."

Radhika had tears in her eyes, "Of course darling, anything you wish."

Mr Rao cleared his throat and looked at Arundathi for her opinion, she just nodded her head and uttered, "I think that's a good plan."