Chapter 08

'Are you crazy!? I am not going to the Jabari tribe. Forget it.' He takes my hands in his. 'I want you safe. Even If I have to drag you to there I will.' My knees almost give up on me. I can't get enough of him. 'If you come with us, I will go.' He nods and places a kiss on my forehead. 'Let's go, my queen.'

We start our journey to the Jabari tribe. Me and Erik walk ahead of the group. I would be lying if I said that I didn't had to stop Erik and T'Challa from fighting each other every other minute. My mother walks next to me. 'Are you still mad at me?' I sigh. 'No. I forgive you but it still wasn't cool what you did.' 'I know and I'm sorry. How do you feel about going to your father's tribe?'

'I have mixed feelings. I don't want to go it all but Erik is forcing me. But on the other side I want answers from him.' She smiles. 'What are you smiling for?' 'You like him huh?'

I furrow my eyebrows. 'What? No, who told you that?' 'I mean it's obvious. When he tells you to do something, you do it. Whilst when I tell you to do something, you never listen. He is changing you N'Yarai.' I think about it. That I never listen to my mom is a well known fact. But do I really always listen to him?

'We're here!' Erik shouts. I look up and see the entrance all the way up the mountain. 'Why don't they have a lift? Ugh some people are so old school.' I laugh at Shuri's comment. 'See what technology does with you? It makes you lazy. Climb!' She rolls her eyes and begins climbing. I join her. Suddenly I feel a hand on my butt. I look down and see Erik grinning. 'You better get your nasty hands of me before I make you regret touching me.' 

His grin grows bigger. 'Keep talking to me like that and imma touch you in more intimate places.' I twist my face up and rolls my eyes.

Once we are at the top T'Challa & Nakia come up to me. 'Yara do you think this is a good idea?' 'It's our only option T'Challa. Got a better idea?' He lets his head fall down in disappointment and shakes his head.
'I will have a bug infestation if you Wakandan insects keep coming.' M'Baku says while he appears from the Jabari cave.

Erik steps forward to talk to him but I push him back lighty. 'I have to do this.' He first looks at me with anger in his eyes. It softens when he looks me in my eyes.

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
As I step forward I feel a little hand on my chest. I look down and see N'Yarai looking at me with desperation in her eyes. My anger fades just by looking at her. 'I have to to this.' She says. I nod.
'M'Baku, king of the Jabari tribe. I am asking you if you and your tribe will accept the offer for us to temporarily live in your tribe.' He laughs and shakes his head.

'Now why would I want a foolish girl who claims I am her father to live with me?' 'Because she is your daughter.' My mother says as she erupts from the crowd. 'Ekene..' 'Hi M'Baku.'
_______________________________________________
Just a quick short chapter for y'all. Thanks for reading💙

Love E.🖤