Chapter 24

My back and eyes hurt. I've been looking through these books and the internet seeing if I can find anything about Madam Slay. I look on my Kimoyo bead bracelet. 3:06 AM. I have been nosing through these books for about 6 hours now. I stand up, immensely regretting it. My back snaps  while releasing a cracking sound. I walk to the bathroom and wash my face with cold water. When I look in the mirror I see a tired and angry girl with dark bags underneath her eyes staring back.

I take a blanket and wrap it around me. I grab my amulet out of my dresser and put it on. I will blast that chick till she bakes like a chicken on a grill if I have to. I take my two daggers and put one in my waist holster and one in my leg holster. I grab the survival bag everyone here in the palace gets. I put the map in it along with other necessities.

After preparing myself I enter Nakia's room. I see her and T'Challa sleeping peacefully in each other arms. I almost don't want to wake them up because of how cute they look. 'NAKIA!' I shout. They both jump up. I burst out into laughter. 'Yara! Why did you do that!?' T'Challa says annoyed. 'I'm sorry I ruined your peaceful sleep but Nakia, I need you to come with me to the Taichi Jungle.'

'She will not go!' T'Challa commands. Nakia places her hand on his chest making him calm down. She turns to me. 'N'Yarai, do you know how dangerous the Taichi Jungle is? The people who enter never come out alive.'

'So do you want me to sit around and sulk about Erik while he isn't even that far away from here?' 'No but-' 'You know what!? Never mind I'll handle this on my own.' I storm out and walk to the person's room who will never fail me. I knock on the door. Seconds later it swings open. 'N'Yarai, what is wrong?' Okoye asks. 'I need your help.'

In not even 30 minutes we have almost reached the border of Wakanda. I fish the map out of my backpack but I'm not able to read it due to the darkness. I grab my flashlight and turn it on.

'We are almost there, just a few miles left

'We are almost there, just a few miles left.' 'It's getting late, we should set up a camp here and in a few hours we will move further.' W'Kabi says. I want to protest but Okoye cuts me off. 'Do you want to be a zombie when you find your King or do you want to be rested?' I close my mouth and sit on the sleeping bag she laid on the ground. W'Kabi and Okoye snuggle up while the marriage officiant snores restfully. And yes, I am really planning on marrying Erik right here in this Jungle because I will have no chance if I try to bring him back all the way to Wakanda.

I crawl into my sleeping bag. After twisting and turning around for about ten minutes I finally fall asleep.

My eyes fly open as soon as I hear a branch break. My senses have heightened and I don't know if it's part of the amulet or if it's just that i'm that desperate to find him. I slowly get out of my sleeping bag making no noise. I see a shadow moving behind a tree. I sneak up behind the figure. I hold the person in a head lock. 'N..Yarai.. it's me.' I hear W'Kabi say as he longs for air.