Chapter 20

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
I awake by a child like laugh. I get out of bed and walk down stairs. 'Mommy look!' I see a little girl with big curly hair jumping up and down. 'Be careful Jamie.'  Yara warns while she looks up from her magazine. Her eyes flick over to mine. 'Hey Erik, did you sleep well?' Before I have a chance to answer the child runs up to me. 'Daddy!' I pick her up and hug her. 'Hey little bug. Have you eaten?' 'Yes mommy make pancakes for me!'

'Mommy made. Not make Jamie.' She pouts. 'Learning is boring! I want to play a game.' 'Okay. Go hide and I'm going to find you.' I put her down. She immediately starts running upstairs. A kiss on my mouth catches my attention. 'You seem tense. Everything alright honey?' I nod. 'How can I be unhappy while I have a beautiful family to look after? I lov—'

The dream or shall I say nightmare is being cut off my a voice. 'Erik get up. Your breakfast is getting cold.' I open my eyes and Yara's face appears in my sight. 'You okay? You look a bit pale.' I nod. 'I'll be down stairs in a few.' She nods and places a kiss on my forehead. I sit straight up. 'What the f*ck?' I mutter.

Why did I have a weird nightmare like that? I'm barely ready to marry someone, let alone to have a child. I step into the shower and turn on the water. My family has a past of having dreams and them coming true.

After I washed myself & brushed my teeth, I put my clothes on. 'Erik!' I go downstairs and see Yara watching the news. 'The man from yesterday robbed another bank. We got to do something.' I stare at her for a few seconds before I start laughing. 'What do you wanna do super woman? Track him down, then knock him out and call the cops on him?' 'If that's what I gotta do to make him stop robbing banks then yes Erik! I will.'

I sigh. 'You brought your amulet?' She nods. 'Fine we will go but after I finish my food.' She smiles. 'That's what I thought.' She says while she walks upstairs, swaying her hips. 'Keep walking like that and I'm gonna eat them cakes!' 'Shut up perv!'

N'Yarai Jabari POV
Not long after we are sitting in the car, on the opposite of the Bank of America Corp building. I look at all locations he has robbed on my Kimoyo bead bracelet. 'Unbelievable. This guy has robbed all banks in the US except for this one.' 'Damn. The man got game.' I smack Erik on the arm. 'His game is about to be in jail.' He laughs. 'Sorry, miss prissy.'

When I'm about to hit him again he grabs my arm and pulls me forward. Our lips lightly touch each other. He bites his top lip, exposing his two golden teeth. 'You are making this real hard for me sweet cheeks.'

I close my eyes for a second and pull away. 'We should focus.' I mean, I love him and all.. but I realized this morning that we are technically still friends. After he broke up with me he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend again. I just feel that he keeps playing games with me. I may be wrong, but that is just how I feel.

I look out the window and see a tall, large built man in a familiar black hoodie walking towards the bank. He carries a large tote bag in his hands. It could be him but I don't wanna knock anyone innocent out. He looks around him before putting a mask on. No, the mask. The mask that I saw on the news. I jump out the car ignoring Erik his shouts. 'Yara come back!'

I put my hood on. I enter the bank, following him. Just when he is about to pull out a weapon I tap him on his shoulder. He turns his head. When I want to punch him, he dodges and points his gun at me. Not how I hoped things would go.

I hear Erik's voice behind me. 'I told you to stay in the car sweet cheeks.' 'EVERYONE ON THE GROUND!' The man yells before he fires a shot in the air. People scream and cry, but yet do as he says. I on the contrary turn my fight mode on. 'ON THE GROUND I SAID LITTLE GIRL!' I kick his knee causing him to bend forward. I uppercut him.

Erik pushes me gently out the way. He grins. 'I'm gonna have fun with you.' He gives the man a chance to recover. When he has, Erik stomps him in the stomach. The man fires a fist at Erik. It lands right on his jaw. I shake my head knowing that Erik is playing with him. He is faster than T'Challa, let alone a random untrained man from America.

While Erik does his thing I escort everyone out the bank. 'Thank you! God bless you child.' A middle aged lady tells me. I smile. 'Thank you ma'am. Now make sure you get home safely.' She nods and leaves. I get back in and see Erik still fighting him. He is fit on the contrary to the man who is tired and whose whole face is bleeding. 'Erik stop playing and just do it before you kill him.' He rolls his eyes. 'Fine.' He punches the man in the jaw making him unconscious.

'Can I borrow your old school phone to call the police?' He throws his phone. I catch it and dial the number. After my call, I hack the police station and see which car(s) they sent. I install a digital tracker on my Kimoyo bead bracelet. 'They will be here in a few minutes. Let's go.' He nods and kicks the man one more time before exiting. I laugh and playfully push him.

He takes my hand and pulls me towards a bar. 'Erik, what are you doing? I don't drink.' 'Well today you are.' We sit at the bar and a bartender that is a pretty light skinned girl walks up to us. 'What can I get y'all?' I notice Erik looking at the girl her breasts. 'I will have three shots of the best alcohol you have.' She nods and smiles. 'Coming right up.'

I'm so irritated at this point. Can he just try to have his libido at zero at all times!? The girl places a tray with three little glasses before me. They are filled with a brown liquor. I pick one up and drink it in a gulp. The liquid burns going down my throat. 'Be careful.' He warns. He stands up and walks up to the bartender. I cannot believe this bastard!

I finish the other two shots and I immediately feel my head spinning. This was not a good idea. 'Hey there. You look foreign. Where you from?' A deep voice behind me asks. I turn around and my eyes meet a dark skinned man with a patchy beard. Not attractive at all.

'I'm from Wa-' I catch my slip up. 'I'm from Zimbabwe.' I try hard not to laugh but fail miserably. 'Well, if all girls from Zimbabwe had a laugh like you and looked like you I would definitely be living there.' He licks his lips revealing his slightly yellow teeth. I feel the liquid coming up.

'I wonder what your body looks like underneath all that clothing.' He says while touching me. I want to push him away but the pain in my stomach stops me from doing so. 'Stop touching me!' Not long after the man is being pulled away by Erik. He smacks the man's head on the bar table. The man falls on the ground clearly KO. 'You okay?' He asks me. I shake my head.

He picks me up in bridal style and carries me out the bar. He helps me sit in the car and closes the door. He walks around the car and steps in. 'Please don't ever scare me like that again Yara.'

I roll my eyes and pout. 'You needed to go to that girl that badly! It's not my fault!' He turns towards me. 'I admit that I looked at her breasts-' I cut him off. 'See! You are always horny! I hate that about you!' '-But I don't want to look at other girls when I got you. That's why I went up to her. I payed her for your order so we could leave because I wanted to be alone with you.'

My shoulders fall down in defeat. I feel so stupid. 'I'm sorry. I just feel like sometimes.. you don't love me.' He sighs. 'Don't every doubt the fact that I love you. Because I do. I've never loved anyone as much as I love you and I never will. Okay?' I nod. He places a kiss on my forehead.

'Let's go home.'

_______________________________________________

We've got 7K READS GIRRRRLLLL!!😛😛😛
THANKS THANKS THANKS!

Love E.🖤