Chapter 09

'Why didn't you ever tell me you were pregnant?' 'Because I was scared. I was scared that the people of Wakanda would look at me like a traitor. But the truth is.. I don't care about that anymore. I still love you.'

Didn't my mom say that it was just a one night stand? How come she loves M'Baku? 'Give the Wakandans their own room. Ekene will stay in my room.' M'Baku says to his guards.

'How you feel about sharing a room with me sweet cheeks?' Erik whispers in my ear while standing right behind me. 'I'll be doomed if I share a room with you, i'm gonna share one with Shuri.' 'Shuri will watch while we do the nasty then.' 'You're disgusting!' He laughs. And to be honest, his laugh is more beautiful than I ever imagined. His two gold teeth shine in the sun. His dark eyes turn into a pretty brown color. What a handsome man he is.

'Thanks sweet cheeks.' He winks. 'Did I say that out loud?' I ask while mentally face palming myself. 'Fortunately yes.'

When we arrive in our room I will admit it is pretty small. I look in the corner and only see one bed. 'You have to be kidding me.' I sigh. 'What's wrong?' He asks. Oh yea, and I did ended up sharing a room with Erik because Shuri wanted to share a room with T'Challa.

'There is only one bed.' 'So? You've slept with a guy in a bed before.' I awkwardly look at my shoes. 'Wait.. you've never had sex before?' I shake my head. 'Never kissed?' 'Not until you kissed me the other time.'

'Damn, you really are more innocent than I thought.' I roll my eyes and push him on the bed. When I take a step to walk away he grabs my arm and pulls me on the bed.

I fall next to him. 'You are actually so annoying.' 'But you love it sweet cheeks.' His eyes shift from my lips to my eyes. 'I'll never get tired of that face of yours.' He says before he kisses me. He lies on top of me. Both of his hands caress my cheeks.

I never thought that I could feel this way. When I see him I automatically get butterflies in my stomach. But sometimes I hate him so much. I guess that is what you call love.

'Yara.' He backs up. I begin to worry. What if I didn't kiss him the way he wanted? 'I never told anybody this. But.. I think I love you.' Happiness replaces my worry. 'I think I love you too.' I smile.

He gets off me and lies right next to me. 'Are you really M'Baku's daughter?' He asks more serious. I nod. 'My mother lied to me for 21 years.' I place my head on his chest. 'I mean.. she let me believe my father died on his way to see his newborn child. How could you make up a story so sad and it turns out to be a lie?'

'She tried to protect you Yara. You should be thankful that you have a mother that loves you.' I lean on my elbow and look at him. 'What happened to your mother.. if you don't mind me asking?' He clenches his jaw. 'If you don't want to it's okay.' I say placing my hand on his chest. He takes my hand in his.

'I'll tell you someday.' I nod slightly disappointed he didn't open up to me.

Ekene Nakato POV
M'Baku leads me to his room. 'How long will you be staying for?' He asks. 'I don't know. The king will decide that.' He nods and sits next to me on his bed. 'She is beautiful.' I smile. 'I'm glad you think that.'

'Because she looks like me.' He adds. I laugh. 'You haven't changed a bit.' 'And you still look as young as ever Ekene.' 'Thank you M'Baku.'

'What is her name?' He asks with pain in his eyes. 'N'Yarai Jabari. I named her after your mother.' He smiles proudly. 'She is so strong. I almost thought she was gonna kill me when she turned up here the first time.' I laugh thinking about my little girl. 'She got that from you.'

'Do you think she is going to want to talk to me?' He asks. 'She plays tough but I know for a fact that she needs you.'

The next day. | N'Yarai Jabari POV
I wake up and feel two large arms around me. I look down and see scars on the arms. I immediately know who it is. My love. I gently pull his arms from my body. I place a kiss on his temple, tip toe to the bathroom and do my morning routine. I slick my hair down with gel and put it in a low ponytail. I put my outfit on and top it off with my white Dr. Martens boots.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Erik lying in the bed grinning at me

I walk out of the bathroom and see Erik lying in the bed grinning at me. Shirtless. I stare at his body. 'I would love to wake up to this everyday.' He says while he looks at me from up and down. 'Can you please go and get ready?' 'Sure, if that is what you want.' He steps out of bed and my mouth falls open. He is naked. FREAKING NAKED!

I cover my eyes. 'YOU SLEPT NAKED THE WHOLE TIME?!' 'Yeah. I don't really like clothes.' He says unbothered.

I hear footsteps and a door close behind me. That means he is in the bathroom. I uncover my eyes and sigh. My reflection stares at me in the mirror. My cheeks are redder than my mother's pepper soup.

'Ugh what is this boy doing to me?'

A knock at the door catches my attention. I open the door and see M'Baku. My eyes roll automatically. 'What do you want?' I ask so irritated that I hear my African accent pop out.

'I want to get to know you N'Yarai. I want to be the best father that I can be. Please accept me as your father and the title of the Princess of Jabari.'
_______________________________________________

He finally said the L-word. How do you feel about that? Was it too soon or was he just right on time?

PS.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 600 READS!! I'm beyond happy rn. I started this book 6 days ago and it's shooting up like a 🚀! I LOVE YOU ALL!❤️

Love E.🖤