Chapter 22

Two hours ago we arrived in Wakanda. When we landed, Erik immediately went to the throne room and hasn't come back since. Actually, since yesterday he has been closed off. Normally he is always kissing up on me while yesterday he didn't even look at me when he came back from his little errand run. Sometimes I really don't understand him.

And the thing that hurts most is that today is my birthday and I think he forgot. I look in the mirror and see my hair that first was sleek and voluminous is now frizzy. I swiftly put my hair into a low, messy bun. I'm still wearing the dress from yesterday. That's how of a hot mess I am right now.

This guy can make me feel like the happiest girl in the world and the most powerless in a matter of seconds. I slip on my sandals and walk to the throne room. A guard who sees me in the distance quickly disappears in the throne room. When I arrive at the door, it's locked. 'Stop playing with me! Open the door!' I faintly hear the voices of Shuri and a few people. What the hell is going on!?

When I prepare myself to kick the door, the same guard that locked the door, opens it. 'You can come in now.' He says while bowing. I look at him with furrowed eyebrows. Why in the heck did he just bow?

I walk past him, into the throne room where I see everyone from the palace including T'Challa sitting. Erik stands in the middle. 'Why are you all acting so weird? What's happening?' Erik walks up to me. 'Sweet cheeks, this is serious enough for me so If I stutter don't laugh.' The confusion multiplies. He slowly gets on one knee. The beating of my heart goes out of control.

 The beating of my heart goes out of control

'Erik what are you doing..' He grabs my hand in his. 'Yara, you are the only girl that can make me feel all type of emotions that I don't want to feel. Before I met you, I didn't believe in all that love sh*t. But as soon as I saw you that day for the first time in this exact room, I thought damn.. this girl might change my life. N'Yarai will you do me the honor to be my wife?'

Thick tears roll on my cheeks. This whole time I have been tripping over him not giving me enough attention while he was planning this for weeks.. maybe even months. 'So are you gonna say yes or are you just gonna stand there!?' Shuri shouts. I laugh and nod. 'Yes. I'll be your wife.' Everyone cheers. I see my mother balling her eyes out.

Erik slips a ring onto my ring finger. I look down and my mouth falls open.

'It's so beautiful

'It's so beautiful. I love it.' When he stands straight up I give him a kiss. 'My sweet, little miss prissy.' He says in between our kiss. I laugh and playfully smack him on the back of his head.
I pull back and see Nakia, Okoye, Shuri & T'Challa walking towards me. 'Congratulations miss Killmonger.' Okoye jokes. I smile widely. 'Thanks.' 'You're not so little anymore now.' T'Challa says. I pull him away from the rest to talk to him alone.

'Promise me that you will tell Nakia you love her.' 'What are you talking about?' I roll my eyes. 'Challa.' I say while I stare him down with a pervading look. After a few seconds, he sighs. 'Fine, I'll tell her when I'm ready.' 'Ugh, men are such cowards.' We burst out into laughter.

'Miss Killmonger! I have a gift for you.' Shuri says while keeping her hands behind her back. 'What did you get me?' She removes her hands from her back.

'Shuri

'Shuri..' 'I know I'm a genius. I hear it alot.' I touch the diamonds. 'Thank you little rat.' I receive gifts and chat with the people all afternoon.

'I can't believe I'll be the queen of Wakanda in a few days.' I lay in Erik's arms on the windowsill. I look at the breathtaking view. 'You know, a King's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, when we get married, the sun will set and will rise with you as the Queen.' I smile and place a tender kiss on his bicep.

I thought that everything, from now on, would be drama free. But this was just the calm before the storm..

_______________________________________________

HE FINALLY PROPOSED!
What do y'all think is about to happen?
And a huge thanks for 8K😛🎉🎉🎊

Love E.🖤