Chapter 16

I'm now sitting on a chair in front of my bed where Erik is lying. It's been a few hours since he has been KO. I grip my dagger tighter in my hand. At this point I have to protect myself. Sounds weird right? Having to protect yourself from the person you love? 

I don't know who put that sick lie in his head and to be honest, it kinda hurts. If he trusted me he wouldn't accuse me of such a cruel thing.

His finger twitches. I stand up from my chair. Suddenly, he jumps up and pushes me against the wall. He wraps his hands around my neck. 'What did you do!?' He asks with his teeth clenched.

'Nothing Erik! I did not kill your mother. I didn't even know she was dead!' His grip around my neck tightens. 'DON'T LIE TO ME!' He yells in my face.

'I DID NOT KILL YOUR MOTHER! LEAVE ME ALONE!' I yell sobbing. He lets me go as soon as he sees me crying.
'Do you know how much it hurts knowing that the person you love, does not trust you? Do you Erik?'

He stares at me with a blank face. 'Before you went out to fight you told me that you would be right back. But you lied Erik. You left me the second you came back! YOU FREAKING LIED! I HATE YOU!' I say while the tears flow from my eyes.

'Get out my room.' He steps forward. 'GET OUT MY ROOM!' He takes a few steps forward again until he stands right before me. My voice seems to be stuck in my throat because of him standing so close to me. 'Go..' I softly say.

He hugs me. My mind is telling me to push him off me while my heart is telling me to jump his bones. 'I'm sorry.' He whispers in my ear. 'Leena told me that and I thought, why would she tell this in her moment of dying for it to only be a lie? I shouldn't have listened to her. I am so sorry.'

'Erik, you don't even trust me. I can't be in a relationship with you if you don't trust me.' 'Sweet cheeks, I'm a idiot for not trusting you. I'm not good in this relationship thing but
means you are the first girl I have ever loved.' He speaks in the Xhosan language with the words flowing out of his mouth.

'Don't leave me.' He says with teary eyes. 'You have already left me Erik.'
He grabs my face and tells me to look in his eyes, which I do. A tear falls from his eye. I'm shocked for a second seeing him crying.

'You mean everything to me. You make me laugh everyday Yara. You are the woman I want to marry. Sh*t I didn't even want to get married until I saw you. I want you to have my babies Yara. I want you.'

Tears fall from my eyes and roll on my cheeks. Nobody has ever said that to me. Nobody has ever felt this way for me. 'I forgive you.. but I'm still mad.' I say.

He laughs. 'Of course you are.'
He places kisses on my cheeks causing me to giggle. 'I love you.' He says in between the kisses. 'Thanks bro.' I joke.

Three days have passed now. Today is the day I go back to Wakanda. The people already finished building yesterday, but I wanted to stay two more days before I would go back. Erik wanted to accompany me on staying but he still is the king of Wakanda and his people need him.

'I'm gonna miss you my little baby.' My mother says while hugging me. 'I will visit every week mama, don't miss me too much.' 'You're just like your father.' She laughs.

I turn around to see M'Baku. 'I-' he cuts me off with a hug. 'I hope you that you enjoyed your stay here N'Yarai. I love you little Wakandan insect.' I laugh. 'I love you too father.'

I step outside and look back at them. I wave and step into the jet. Erik sent a jet to come pick me up because he didn't want me to travel 3 hours by myself.