Chapter 30

As I lay on Erik's chest I get the brightest idea to tickle him. Not because I want to hear his laugh.. but because I want attention. I lean on my elbow and look at him. He continues playing his game. My fingers begin to dance over his belly. He slightly groans annoyed. 'N'Yarai stop it.' I freeze when he says my name. He has never, ever called me by my name. 'Why are you acting like this?' I ask annoyed. 'Because you're being clingy and I don't like that sh*t.'

'Well last night you were being clingy but you didn't hear me complain!' 'Shut up with that bull! It was just sex and you know it.' My mouth falls open in surprise. 'Just sex!? What is wrong with you?' 'Nothing. I'm good.' He slightly pushes me off him and continues playing his game. I get up and unplug his playstation. 'What the f*ck are you doing?!' 'Watch your mouth when you're talking to me!' I snap. He snatches the plug out of my hand and plugs it back into the socket.

'Don't touch my stuff or else-' 'Or else what!?' He looks at me with anger in his eyes. 'Are you gonna put your hands on me? That's right.. because you're a real man right?!' His chest moves up and down fast. 'OR ELSE WHAT N'JADAKA!?' He looks shocked for a moment because of me calling him by his birth name. 'You know what.. you just like the rest of them. Worthless and attention seeking whores.' My cheeks burn because of how furious I am.

I smack him across his face. 'Don't you ever disrespect me like that again. I married you! You think I did all of that because of attention!? You must think so much of your damn self that-' 'GET OUT!' 'What? You can't kick me out of my own room and palace. Who do you think you are?!' 'I SAID GET OUT!' He forcefully grabs my arm and pushes me outside. He slams the door in my face.

He scoffs in disbelief. In the two years that I know him, I have never seen him act this way. Tears fall onto my cheeks. I lean against the wall and slide down. I put my arms around myself and cry silently. At this point I just want to disappear. After a while, I dry my tears and just sit there. 'Yara? Are you okay?' I hear T'Challa ask. I turn my head and see him walking towards me. 'I'm fine. Erik and I just had a little fight.' 'A little? I heard you two shouting at each other from downstairs.' I sigh and run my hands through my hair. 'Hey.. it's going to be alright. Marriage is a though thing.' 'Tell me about it.'

'Are you sure you are alright?' I nod. 'I really am. But now I need some time alone so thanks for comforting me but I gotta go.' 'Where ever you are going be careful!' I smirk knowing that what I'm about to do is everything but careful.

I open the jet by letting the locking system scan my Wakandan birthmark. Fun fact: Everyone has their own special birthmark. It is like DNA so nobody has the exact same. I step inside when it opens up. 'Welcome N'Yarai Stevens.' The computer says. 'Hello. Bring me to the Jabari tribe please.' 'As you wish my Queen.'

In no-time I reach the Jabari Tribe. It is more beautiful than I can remember. The snow speckled mountains shine in the sun's glory.

I step out of the jet only to be greeted by three Tribesmen

I step out of the jet only to be greeted by three Tribesmen. Once they see who I am, they quickly bow. 'Welcome to the Jabari Tribe, Princess of Jabari.' I suppose they still don't know who I really am (Queen of Wakanda) since they don't have technology to keep up with the news. 'Thank you. Bring me to your King please.'
'Papa!' I shout like a little girl when I see him. I run over to him and hug him tightly. 'How are you my child?' He asks while caressing my hair. 'I'm fine. Where is ma?'

He smirks widely. 'She is.. recovering from our party.. that we had in bed.' I playfully smack him on his head. Which I did with alot of effort because he's about 6"5. 'You really got to stop doing that. You're making me light-stomached.' He rolls his eyes. 'Do not act like you have never shared a bed with N'Jadaka before.' I scoff dramatically. 'Whaatt? What are you talking about?' 'I know that you are married to that... boy now N'Yarai.' 'How did you know?' 'Are you forgetting that I am the only one in the Tribe with an iPhone X? Your wedding was all over Snapchat.' I laugh out loud. This has actually been the first time in a few days that I have really laughed without any worries.

'And? What did you think of it?' 'I mean.. I was there myself so..' 'What? Really? Why didn't you come visit me in the palace?' 'If I did, I would be meat on a stick because of the Dora Milaje.' I smile proudly. 'You're right. That's why Wakanda is better than the Jabari Tribe.' He scoffs. 'You wish.'

'Are you heading back to Wakanda when you leave?' He asks. I shake my head. 'Where will you be going then?' 'I'm going on a trip with me, myself and I.' He frowns. 'Why would somebody name their children Me and Myself? These parents nowadays.' A laugh escapes from my lips. 'I'm just going with myself.' 'Why?' I shrug. 'Just because.' He shifts awkwardly. 'Can I.. you know.. like.. join you?' I laugh again. 'I mean.. you know.. like.. sure.' I tease. He playfully pushes me.

'Hey Ma.' I say while entering her room. 'Hey baby! I have missed you.' I lay on the bed next to her. 'I missed you too. How are you?' 'I am good. I am just resting. And you?' 'I'm fine.' A comforting silence reigns between us until she breaks the it. 'Are you really okay?' I sigh knowing that I can't lie to my mother. If I did she would have noticed it in 0.1 milliseconds. 'No. I had a fight with Erik.' 'Congratulations.' I frown. 'What?' 'Oh I mean, congratulations on your marriage. Your father told me all about it. Now.. was it a big fight or a little one?'

'A big one. He has never spoken to me like this before. He cussed at me Mama.' I say with tears in my eyes. She hugs me tightly. 'Today is the day of his father's death.' I freeze when I hear what she says. 'The former King really regretted what he did. But he had to do it for Wakanda's sake. Each year he lit a candle for his brother.' 'Did he mourn in front of everyone?' 'No. He would always be in his office. One day I walked in and I saw it. We mourned together that day.' 'Did you know Erik's father well?' She shakes her head. 'He visited Wakanda often, one day with his wife even.. but I never really knew him.' I sigh. 'Well I'm sorry for Erik but he shouldn't act this way while all I have done is love and care for him!'

'You should talk to him Yara.' 'No. He has to realize that he can't just yell at me and push me.' 'What? Realize? Push? First of all.. where are you going?' 'I am going on a little trip with Papa.' 'Okay and second of all.. did Erik put his hands on you?' 'He-' I pause for a moment before continuing. 'He did. But he didn't beat me he just pushed me.' 'Yara. Do not let a man put his hands on you. And if he does beat his ass in return, do you hear me?' 'Yes Mama I know. I smacked him when he called me names but I wasn't fast enough to beat some sense into him when he pushed me and smacked the door in my face.' 'That's my girl!'

'Do you have a bag with necessities for me Ma?' 'Yeah I do. Why didn't you bring one?' 'Because I don't want them to notice that I'm gone. Atleast not for a few hours.' 'But they can track your jet right?' 'Actually, I hacked the system so they cannot see where I am or who is in the jet. They can only see if I'm flying or not.' 'Why don't you want them to know where you are?' I sigh. 'I just want some time to myself.' I say while grabbing the bag out of her closet.

'Are you ready?' My father asks as he enters the room. I smile at my mother and place a kiss on her forehead. 'I am more than ready. Bye mother!' I say before leaving her room. We leave the Jabari mountain and step into the jet.